Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Soliciting opinions about Ibanez SR800

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DanNowhere, Feb 8, 2002.

1. A friend let me borrow his SR800 the other night for practice. I usually play my Fender Precision, but I really liked the SR800; the skinny neck was much easier on my hands (I get quite a bit of pain in my finger joints), and it weighed about half of what my Fender does, not to mention the active electronics. After one night of practice, I'm thinking about replacing the Fender with the SR800.

Anyone out there own one? Any endorsements, warnings, suggestions about comparable basses of the same size/weight? I don't know much about Ibanez basses, except that I owned an Ibanez P-copy back when I was much younger, and there wasn't anything special about it, pretty much just a Fender knock-off. Price isn't really a concern, I'm thinking I'd feel better with a bass that's smaller, lighter, and easier on my hands and back. I'd appreciate any input.

2. masaru

masaru

Aug 8, 2001
    Okinawa, Japan
    These are really good basses, IMHO. I had an SR800 back in the early '90s when they first came out. They had only two band EQ at the time but I believe they've added some mid eq to the newer ones. I regret trading that bass in to this day. If you like it, get it!