Soliciting opinions: Best CHEAP rig, used or not

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Harry, Dec 12, 2000.

1. Harry

Dec 12, 2000
    I've been running a rude little rig for practicing and small gigs that consistantly sounds great and doesn't break my back: GK 400RB and a BagEnd 1x12 (that I *think* was mean for guitar). All together this rig cost me ~$225 about 6-7 years ago and has been great the whole time.

This got me to thinking - anyone else stumbled on a great little setup for small gigs or cheap (like me) players?

2. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    I have an OLD Randall RB-120 head with a Peavey 410TX cab that I'm using at the moment. It sounds good, but it's not powerful enough for my needs. I'm trying to play with two guitarists (each with 120W 4x12 stacks) and a LOUD drummer. I can keep up as long as I max everything out, but I hate doing that.

So... I bought a used Fender 300 BXR rackmount head. Hopefully this will give me a little more volume and some headroom.

Total cost for my current rig: less than $500

So if anybody wants a Randall RB-120 head (circa 1976?) let me know. :)
  3. I've got a Fender BXR 200 With 2X10 I'll sell for $350.... if you have any interest e-mail me...........
  4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    My rig has just recently been completed. It consists on a GK 400 RB & a Peavey 210 TX. I haven't gigged out with it yet, but I can immediately tell that it's a leap forward from my Hartke Kickback 12. Total cost for the GK/Peavey mutt rig: $400.

Will C.:cool: