1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

solid-brass 5-string bridge makers other than Hipshot?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bongomania, Oct 22, 2010.

1. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Don't get me wrong, I love and support Hipshot all the way, but I wanted to see if there were any other designs currently on the market in solid brass, for a 5-string. Who's out there?

2. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    Thanks for the suggestions, but as far as I can tell none of those have brass bodies. They use mainly zinc or aluminum, except for some small parts. Actually that one ABM bent-plate one might be a thin piece of brass under the chrome, but who knows.

Any other ideas? Or any confirmation about the ABM bent-plate?

In case anyone wonders why the heck I care about it being solid brass, I'm going for a specific vintage look, of the heavy brass bridges people installed on Fenders in the 1970's. Purely aesthetic vanity, nothing to do with tone or sustain or whatever. :)

3. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner Mo's Shop & MBD - Tech Nordstrand Commercial User

May 25, 2003
    Redlands, CA
  4. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner Mo's Shop & MBD - Tech Nordstrand Commercial User

May 25, 2003
    Redlands, CA
  5. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    Huh! Weird, for some reason I thought I had seen something on their site saying it was all cast zinc, but now I don't see that, and I do see the brass. I must have eaten something funky for lunch!