1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

solid double gigbag

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by dulac, Apr 25, 2010.

1. dulac

dulac

Mar 21, 2007
    hi
    I'm looking for a very solid double bass gigbag (i mean 2 basses not upright;)) with lots of storage room
    andy idea?
    Weight doesn't matter, i will put wheels on ;)

thx in advance
    dulac

2. InCase. Very, very nice.

3. dulac

dulac

Mar 21, 2007
    looks great, but i dont find a dealer which ships to switzerland

any ideas?

4. Andy Will

Andy Will

Apr 11, 2003
    London, England
    Mono cases are great and you could order one from Bassdirect .co.Uk
    I use the single Bass version and it's fantastic! :oops:)

5. dulac

dulac

Mar 21, 2007
    cool
    how stable are they?
    are they more like a bag or more like a case?
    and could i put a standart hp 15' laptop in the outside bag?

i saw the igig cases in which they put a miniamp and a laptop, but they are out of stock atm....

6. jhan

jhan Guest

+1. I use a Mono double gig bag and it rocks.

7. love my mooridian . . .

8. +1 The Mono is BY FAR the best double case I've ever experienced. Almost as much protection as the inCase DUB, MUCH lighter, dual zippers (i.e., totally separate bass compartments... the single most important thing for me with a double bag), nitro safe, great straps.

The only negative to me is the relatively small pockets... really only good for the basics... cable and backup, tuner, strings, small tools and a strap... that's about it.

GREAT double bag... lighter than most single bags and very good protection IMO.

OP... just saw that you need lots of storage room. While the protection is not that great (it's a soft bag), the Mooradian is a great double bag... BIG pockets, light weight... however, it is a typical soft bag. If the Mono pockets were bigger, it would be literally perfect..... always compromizes on these designs.

9. The iGig bags have AMAZING storage capability. I have the single version. HUGE pockets. However, I dislike almost everything else about them... soft top, so all that weight sits right on top of your bass if you put the back flat on the floor or back seat, heavy, and those multiple tie downs inside the bag or useless and overdesigned. Very high quality, but I can't imagine the weight of two basses and a laptop along with all the cables, etc. in a single bag that starts out relatively heavy, combined with the relatively 'soft top design' IMO there.

There is another company that makes a great double bag that has more protection/rigidity than the iGig, but more pocket space than the Mono. Fodera used them as their OEM bag for a while... very nice... lightweight... soft design but LOTS of stiff padding, double zipper/compartment design. Sorry, I can't remember the name.. maybe the Fodera link will cue someone to what these are.

Edit: Just did a search... Estrella is the company

10. dulac

dulac

Mar 21, 2007
    thx
    i think i go with the monos

how i Said
    weight doenst matter, cause i will put some wheels on the bag

i had a ibanez double trolley bag but it is not stable enough....

11. Not quite sure how you would attach wheels on one of these. Again, just to make sure you understand, the Mono has VERY small pockets... no way you will fit a laptop in there.

12. dulac

dulac

Mar 21, 2007
  13. Ah, I get it. Cool. That should work fine.:), and the Mono is 'stiff' enough for that application. Again, as long as you are cool with the small storage pockets, it is IMO the best bag out there.

14. dulac

dulac

Mar 21, 2007
    yeah, that is the only downside
    but will it fit standard A4 books/and realbooks?

15. IMO and IME, no... VERY small pockets... strap, cable, tuner, strings... that's it.

There is no 'hard sided' hybrid bag that I know of that will do what you want to do. The iGig would be the closest, but again, it is more of a soft bag than a hard hybrid design.

16. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    They are not to trendy and look kind of basic but I gigging with

http://www.mooradian.com/Electric_Basses.html

I like it have no issues with them.

These guys are local for me and I have no idea why I did not start using them years.

They are pretty light and and when some drum hardware slammed against my basses in a truck was hit by a car nothing happened to them and the bag did not rip.

Just my $.02

There are a ton of good options out there now.

17. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  18. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I just checked and my Real Book fits fine in my Mono double (not that I can read music :bawl:)- it does take up nearly all of the space of the big pocket though, so you could only fit your tools in with it. I plan on getting a netbook or very small laptop to go in there myself. I suppose how good/bad the lack of pockets are depends on what and how you carry things- for example, I usually keep my straps attached to the basses when they're in the bag, and my tuner stays on my pedalboard. The only thing I need space for is my tools and a couple cables if I choose to not keep them in the pedalboard case. Someone with more stuff would probably want an extra gear bag, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'd rather have an extra bag if I need it and no excess there if I don't need it than extra pockets and weight there at all times.

19. dulac

dulac

Mar 21, 2007
    I study music so i always carry a lot of books/sheetmusic ... with me,
    to bad the mono has only a small pocket

20. +1 I will point out that there is a 'pouch' on the back of the Mono bags that is designed to store the straps when you are carrying or transporting the bag. That large pouch works GREAT for carrying charts to the gig, but is not large enough for a full Real Book, etc. Kind of cool though if you are carrying 5-10 standard sized charts, etc.