Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Solid or Hollow body

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AltIII, Sep 19, 2002.

1. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    Hollow body vs solid body. Is just it a matter of taste or what? To me a hollow body seems fragile, I'm afraid I'll break it, I like a nice solid body.

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Their are some great hollow body basses out their. Epiphone has the jack casady bass 5 stars mine is on the way. Did you think about the G&L ASAT hollow body i am interested in that one.:cool:

3. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I have a Jack Casady... fragile is not the first thing that comes to mind... TONE is! That being said, I treat it a little differently than my solidbody basses, probably due more to the illusion of fragility than anything else...

-robert

4. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    Hmm, yes I've heard many things about jack cassidy's tone. Perhaps it's the best thing around, however I have a slight vanity towards my basses. The JC looks a bit too big and goofy for heavy music such as punk, metal, and whatever the hell buckethead is. But hey, maybe I'm wrong.