Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

solo bass CD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by 20hurtz, Aug 29, 2002.

1. www.geocities.com/twentyhurtz

feel free to check it out, its not a chop fest or anything but a multi-layered trip hop/ambient/groove CD where I play all the bass parts & drums on

.....but there are 2 guests a DJ and a flute player to give it that little extra

cheers
    Dave

2. I'm totally impressed. That's some awesome chill-out music.

Are you selling cd's yet?

-Dave

3. thanks for the kind words,
    No I'm not selling yet,
    but if you want to buy one I'm looking around Oct. for release and I would like to sell it solely at this stage through the site..
    although I have a distribution deal partially arranged.
    I'd like to keep the cost real low and post CD's...but who knows.

dave aka 20hurtz

4. Very cool. Make sure to post again when it comes out...I'm sure a lot of people on here will want a copy. Have you heard about the TalkBass station? You should get your sutff posted on that, as well...maybe you'll get some more exposure that way.

Keep everyone updated.

-Dave

5. thanks dave,
    I will keep everyone posted

Dave:)

6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    some of the links for the wavs are dead...

also, where are the mp3??

7. all is good at the site now...thanks for pointing that out dave.

8. deepbob

deepbob

Oct 3, 2001
    left field
    i'll take 5, where's the CD?

that's nice stuff. spaceship landing now, beauty.

9. thanks deepbob,
    I've only finished tracking in the last week so I've still got another couple of weeks before mastering is done and manufacture...if your outside of Australia it'll be available from www.cdbaby.com or just email at the site to order.
    With a release hopefully around Oct. :)
    I'll keep you posted...thanx again
    dave
    20hurtz

10. bump... fresh samples at the site now
    20hurtz

11. I'll be e-mailing you some time in October, then. I'm truly diggin' it, and I've forced a few other people to check it out, and they really liked it as well.

Did you think you'd ever have any Alaskan fans?

-Dave

12. deepbob

deepbob

Oct 3, 2001
    left field
    hehe i'm doing the same, this site is the best promotional move you could have made =)

13. I'm really excited about getting the disc finished, its a real buzz to know people on the other side of the world like something you've done:D
    tracking is basically completed apart from adding some extra interludes & parts, and mastering has been booked....so its not far to go now.
    Thanks for diggin' the tunes...I'll keep everyone posted.

Dave
    20hurtz

14. metallybassist

metallybassist

May 22, 2002
    yo davey boy!

ur sites down? why why why? u got me all excited, been sitting here reading the reviews from everyone else, so i click on the link and it says its temporarily unavilable. how come? and when will it be back online, cause i wanna hear ur stuff?

:confused:

15. Sorry metallybassist,
    with geocities free sites, if too many people hit it at once it shuts down for the remaing hour...so just check back and try it a little later & it will be fine.
    dave

16. deepbob

deepbob

Oct 3, 2001
    left field
    woke up to your mp3s this am, thought i'd give a lil /stealth bump in memorium...

17. Do Tb'ers get autographed copies? hehe

-Davewad