1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Solo Bass courtesy of Isabel

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by jive1, Sep 20, 2003.

1. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Well I lost electricity due to hurricane Isabel for a couple of days. So in the darkness, I plugged my Warwick Corvette 4 string into my Korg Pandora PX3B. I jammed away with the thing, and it's built-in drum machine recorded direct into my minidisc. It's all live improv with no overdubs, so there's plenty of mistakes and slop all over the place.

Warning: These are long bass solos. It's barely mixed down, so watch your speakers.

Here's results:
    Bass Solo1 about 6 MB

BassSolo2 about 6 MB

BassSolo3 about 3 MB

Lemme know what you think

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I only listened to number 3 because 3 is my lucky number. Like you said, sloppy, but really cool ideas. Kick ass tone by the way. I'll probably give the rest a listen too sometime. At least some good came of that damn hurricane. ;)

3. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    We've had no power since Thursday 0830...it's now the Monday morning after. We totally emptied the fridge/freezer out yesterday. I have never seen so many trees, BIG trees, down...all fell to the West, too.
    And the gas lines are riduculous(when you can actually locate a station that's operating).
    As my ex would say-
    "It's "Soylent Green"!