solo performance at the talent show?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DareDevil, Nov 9, 2002.

1. DareDevil

Feb 17, 2002
    Southport, FL
    allright, I'm not saying this because I want to be a little show off or anything like that but my school has a talent show coming up and I wanted to go up there with my bass and perform a little instrumental song I'm working on, my question is how much do you think the non-bass playing high school public would appreciate it? I've asked my friends and they think I'm quite good at it and have told me to go for it and that I might amaze and entertain... I'm not trying to be a show off or anything and I've never had a public performance before, with a band or by myself. But this is something I think I could do... and it's not so much as I'm worried I'll screw up and make an ass of myself as it is that I wonder if they'll be entertained. So any comments are welcome.
  2. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    definitly go for it. the worst thing that could happen is that you mess up, fall off the stage, break your neck and your bass, then have everyone laugh. but thats the worst:D

seirously though, this is an oppertnity that does not come around often, you should grab it.
  3. Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    or another bad thing that could happen is ur strap could snap the bass would hit your foot ud bend down in agony, and the remains of your strap rap around ur leg and the bass leans of stage and takes u with it, now that would be funny..and entertaining! ..oh and painful :D
  4. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    yeah go for it!

i think to be honest the only people wholl be bigtime 'impressed' will be other musicians, ranging from starting out guitarists (well maybe not..) through to your school music teacher. The rest of the crowd should be impressed, but wont appreciate it in the smae light. (my view anyway)

At the end of it, just play an intro to blink 182 or something if the crowd looks dead:D