Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

solo pieces

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Si-bob, Nov 1, 2001.

1. anyone know any good bass piecesthat i can perfrom in my music course, i don't really mean fast and furios peices like 'Chrmoatic Fantasy', but more like chordal stuff like 'Mercy Mercy Mercy'
    oh , and i prefer...dare i say it.....TAB

sorry :)

cheers
    *Si*

2. Here ya go....

[​IMG]

sorry :)

3. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    it had to be done...and it was worth it...:D

4. ....for nothing

and i thought these forums were sposed to be helpful

*Si*

5. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    Better watch out for that Tab, it can cause cancer ya know :D

(read a Tab can if you dont get it)

6. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    hey Si-Bob
    dont worry its only a bit of fun
    here
    play my freind of misery by metallica but play it with a pick:eek: and play it with chords..if that doesnt work...MAKE UR OWN THING UP

7. ....how do u play something with a pick in a chordal style on bass, and don't say strum it, i'm not a guitarist...... :)

*Si*

8. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    well ur gonna hate me for saying that but thats what you do! it sounds hard but it is actually easy once u get it

9. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    ill actually help you:

go here and download the mp3 and notation/tab of two songs by Michael Dimin (he´s a TB pro BTW)

http://www.bassically.net/lessons/online_lessons.htm

look for Autumn Leaves and Misty... i have played them myself... pretty good chordal work

10. tnx dude
    cheers fer that, tis good stuff
    helped a lot

*Si*

11. Im learning "Suite 1" by Bach.
    its a good tempo song that is great for technique. When my teacher first showed me it i thought, BACH!!! WHAT!! but after playing it a bit it grew on me. Is actually a cello piece but it sounds great on bass too. its also a common piece played but year 12 student that do solo (bass) in australia, check it out man.