Soloing with loops

Discussion in 'Ask Anthony Wellington [archive]' started by vpermana, Jul 25, 2013.

1. vpermana

vpermana

Nov 17, 2009
    Bethesda, MD
    Hi Anthony,
    How long do you think realistically for one who never learn any music and instrument at all to be able to learn, play and perform solo with loops?
    I am a dad with two sons (4 and 8) who have been postponing this interest for so long.
    I think I have the discipline (spent 17 years doing schools all the way to grad school).
    Now I want to learn bass guitar.
    What would be a good curriculum for a working father to achieve this goal? Maybe somehow through this experience I can inspire my boys.

Thanks

Veerdee

2. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

Jan 4, 2011
    Maryland
    Honestly, no 'real' teacher can answer a 'timeframe' questions because there are too many factors that a teacher has no control over.

A teachers job is to dispense information. But a teacher can't practice for you. So your teacher may give you the 'best' info on the planet to practice. But if you don't practice it's gonna' take longer to get good.

You are the only one who can determine how long it will take for you to be ready.

AND,...

You don't even study with me. There is NO way that I could ever give you a time frame on what you can accomplish.

peace,
    anthony

3. gre107

gre107

Dec 25, 2005
    PA
    Studying with Ant will definitely save you time! Wish I had known him many many years ago!

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021