Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Solono Troubles

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Lem, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Lem

Lem

Jun 11, 2004
    Over the past 11 years of owning a Solono bass, the top has split, Rumano "fixed" by rushing the job and mis-set the neck, and then split town without ever fixing his mistakes or ever returning phone calls. now i'm stuck with an unplayable bass as it has settled into a corner decoration. I know of at least a dozen other people he has done this too. Just curious if anyone else has had this happen as well?

2. lem, you sure are invoking some bad karma with the way you've been talking about a luthier that some of us have grown to respect. I'm not saying you're complaints are invalid, i am just saying your harsh invective (i count three posts within minutes of each other) is certainly rather inflammatory.

have you honestly tried to deal with rumano about this? i could give you his phone number? unless you have tried to work through your discontent with rumano privately, i am not sure you should be so openly defamatory.

3. Lem

Lem

Jun 11, 2004

I appogize for my harshness, but I believe it should be known what he did to many bass players that myself and other reputable luthiers know. After 8 years of trying to get the problems fixed I am a bit upset. After spending the day today discussing this issue with other owners that have tried to have their basses repaired with the same results, I feel it is best made known what happened in the Baltimore area 10 years ago till today. I'm sure there are those that have fine instruments made by him, and that is a wonderful thing. All players strive for a decent instrument that plays well and keeps them working. But when you invest a large sum of money into a bass, wou want to be able to play it. Not look at it collect dust because of unfulfilled promises and poor craftmanship. So again i'm sorry towards anyone that has had good luck with his basses.

4. Lem

Lem

Jun 11, 2004
    To all that I upset with my post... I am sorry. After years of of trying to get a hold of Rumano, he finally did get back to me and is making good on his word.
    I do still believe his basses are some of the best sounding basses for the money. I would not discourage anyone from trying/buying one of his instruments. Sometimes good things come from a little harshness...

5. I have known Rumano for about 10 years and have found him to be a person of high integrity. I am sure if you try you can work out your situation with him. I am sorry you have had such a bad experience with your bass purchase.