Solutions for drums without recording drums?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by JakeAndAirwaves, Aug 14, 2013.

1. SidMau

SidMau

Sep 3, 2012
    midi

2. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Another EZ Drummer user. Grab a groove and edit user the step sequencer in my DAW, or start from scratch with the step seq.

3. Bassdirty

Bassdirty

Jul 23, 2010
    CT
    +1
    I had that unit..lots o cool features..easy to use. .. and u can change volumes / timing jussst a hair..to make it sound less..robotic..and give it more of a "real drummer " feel.

ymmv

4. I'm about three days into my seven day trial of Acoustia Beatcraft. You can check it out here: http://www.acoustica.com/beatcraft/. Even on the trial version, there's a wide variety of realistic kits, electronic sounds, and percussion instruments. Making patterns and sequencing them into beats is just a simple drag and drop procedure. It's boatloads of fun and the possibilities are virtually limitless.

You can download a 7 day trail for free and if you like it you can purchase it for about $40.

Here's a short sequence I put together just to demonstrate what you can do. I'm sure OP with recognize it. ;)

https://soundcloud.com/dylan-decker-2/blink-182-feeling-this-drum

5. Raymeous

Raymeous

Jul 2, 2010
    San Diego
    EZDrummer for the 500th time! Ha ha

Seriously though, EZD is less than $100 as are the various style expansions. For example I got EZD as a digi download for $60 from Sweetwater, then found out that the expansions were on sale last month so I got the Blues, Jazz, Drum Kit From Hell, and Metal Machine, all for less than $200. So my total investment was around $250, and I now have a thousand different grooves. Additionally when putting kits together it's very specific to which brand and sizes of shell or cymbal you're using such as "Sabian 17" AAX stage crash"

Check it out EZDrummer here:
    http://www.toontrack.com/index.asp

You have a 2 channel interface so check this:

I hope this helps in some way, and happy jammin!

6. I've used both EZ Drummer and Groove Agent and liked both too. I've also built up drum tracks from loops (BetaMonkey is a great source for these) using Acid Pro...a little more time consuming, but very flexible. Yet another possibility that I've used is writing a copy of the song into Band In A Box, using their RealDrums, and then taking a copy of just the drum track and sticking it into your DAW. I love working with real live drummers, but as we all know they tend to be insane, which can be problematic ;)

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021