some advice - should I buy this bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by addylewis, Jul 16, 2005.

1. My mate is selling a 10 year old squier bass (not sure if its p or j) and a 15-watt gorilla amp (but the on/off switch doesn't work). He wants 60 quid... - I don't need another bass (and haven't really got room for it) and I don't know how beat up it is, but It'd probably be good for experimenting with new pickups etc... what do U lot think? Should I try haggling? :)
  2. caruso

Jun 13, 2005
    Bremen, Germany
    You have given yourself the answer. This is not even one of those sought after 80's Squires that were better than MIA Fenders. Experiment with parts? Spend more money on a bass that in itself won't become better due to the bases, i.e. woods?
  3. should I try 40 or 50 quid then? - I suppose I could get it to sell if I ever meet anyone who asks If i've got one I wanna get rid of... I COULD always try and get the amp fixed and sell it as a package with a cheap bass bag & lead on ebay - I could probably double my money on it... On the other hand I like the idea of having a bass i can experiment with without worrying about messing anything up, I dunno - all my basses have stock pickups in them so, I may try some pickup installation (or a self refinish if its beaten up...)