1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

some advice....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sillyfabe, Oct 4, 2009.

1. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06 Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    Hello fellow low-enders! As some may know about me (or will so learn) I love me some effects on the good ol bass. So this thread was made to show off my pedals (in text) and the order. This was made for recc in order, settings and even new pedals as well as general thoughts. So here we go!

BOSS LS-2: Line Selector

LOOP 1:

EHX Q-TRON: wettest, funkiest env filter I've ever heard or used. Volume spikes suck but thats what a limiter is for!

BOSS CE-5: just got this chorus and already love it way more than my old CEB-3. hold the bottom end better and sounds more defined.

BOSS PH-3: most versatile phaser that I've ever used. has 4-8-10-12 step as well as fall/rise and the cool step mode

BOSS BF-3: with this in the "guitar input" it sounds close to a BF-2 (IMHO). just overall fun stuff.

LOOP 2:

Way Huge Swollen Pickle: awesome EHX BBM clone that adds more tonal control. can get a good QOTSA and even wall o fuzz sound.

HA Digitech Badder Monkey O/D: creamy tube O/D goodness! sounds loads better than my old BOSS O/D. no muddiness just creaminess!

Dunlop 105Q: besides the volume spike this pedal is just great for me!

BOSS TU-2: its a tuner and it tunes...

CLEAN:

BOSS LM-2B: its a limiter that helps with the Q-TRON and whatever else needs...limiting

RE-20 Space Echo: good ol tape delay goodness. can do self-ocsillation, tap tempo and other crazy madness.

So now that you actually read all that. What do you think should possibly be my new order, also if anyone has any recc settings i'm all ears.

2. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    I like the sound of how you've got it set up now, I'd leave it. Maybe try swapping the chorus/phaser/flanger positions just to see what you get, but generally that looks like a good setup to me.

3. pbd

pbd Commercial User

Jul 17, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    owner Procables N Sound
    generally I like my OD first in line and the color the signal from there but otherwise the line up looks good. You weren't kidding about liking a "few" pedals were you! lol

rock on!
    Todd :)

4. sillyfabe

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    thanks for the advice thus far. the set-up took me combined of about 10 hours to decide upon. Also the reason why I choose the LS-2 is that you can go a,b, bypass, a+b or even reverse the loop with a few cable switches. As far as a "few pedals" are concerned, I just got an EBS Octabass (gray label) that I have yet to add and am now at work pondering where to place it, how it will sound talking to the rest of them and how to make them talk in different ways. Oh the joy!

5. pbd

pbd Commercial User

Jul 17, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    owner Procables N Sound
    I love pedals, its a nice hobby! lol

Enjoy the experimenting!

Todd :)

6. sillyfabe

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    ok so i placed the EBS octabass in the clean line so I can octave by itself or it can be at the end of the chain thus far. I only got to play 30 min b/c i came to work early so go figure. any advantages to placing it before everything, before my o/d, fuzz loop or before my modulation loop and after the o/d,fuzz loop? just wondering before i go home in the morning and check it for myself anyways