Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

some amusing correspondance from MR2112

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by john turner, Oct 9, 2000.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i figured things have gotten pretty heavy lately, so this might be funny. some may find this childish, but i'm bored, so...

i recently got some funny emails from our friend mr2112 - seems his big road gig is now over, maybe he might even contribute to this thread too. one can only hope.

the first one comes after a heated discussion against napster on alt.music.rush, where i am the only person who is against napster, so i've not been making any friends there lately :D :

MR2112:
    I had to go back to my webtv account to say this...YOU ARE A LOSER!...Don't go on a "ng" that you know nothing about, you know I'm talking about "alt.music.rush" I mean, I know that you know almost nothing about basses anyway, but please, arguing with a Rush fan is WAAAAY out of your league mister"7strbassX"!hehehehheee..

P.S. I'm still with you here on talkbass, you just don't know who I am......Do ya' "Joe PC"!!

note the continued use of "...". how old does one usually have to be before they stop using that?

to which i replied

John :
    wow, great to hear from you again, pussy!

grow some pubes yet?

after all, he IS my biggest fan, right? :D

anyway, the plot thickens...

MR2112 :
    Calling me a "pussy" from your keyboard? I've constantly BEGGED you to call me anything you want, just do it to my face! Don't you get it? Now, who is the "real" pussy/sissy/bitch...hmmm???

nevermind the fact that pussy-boy has yet to post a picture of himself. i have my theories, but i'll stay mum on the topic for now.

anyway, i replied...

John:
    ooo, you got me scared and horny at the same
    time.

but how am i going to know you? you're so
    annonymous.

after all, he DOES want me to say this to his face, right? that's my thinking, anyway.

MR2112:
    No need to worry, my horny friend, I know what you look like! I'll find you, it's ok, you don't have look for me! Remember, I just want to talk to you, alright? hehehehehe.....I just want to see what you will say to me when I'm lookin' stragiht at you, I mean, hey, will you ave the balls? I doubt it!!!hehehe...

oooo, i'm scared now, aren't i?

anyway, i replied with the following...

John:
    well, i'll tell you what, mr guts. it sure takes a lot of
    balls to threaten someone anonymously. very impressive

oh, and by the way, hows the gay personals thing going?
    find the love of your life yet?

that last bit is from this...

http://www.gayuniverse.com/profiles/t/619.html

sounds sorta like him. especially the cross-dressing and the toys part.

as the great frank zappa said, ram-it ram-it ram-it ram-it up your poop shute. :D

(btw, no offense to any homosexuals, i just like that song.)

2. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    isn't the internet fun?

3. :confused:
    That's just strange... So JT is now low enough to reply to himself?

4. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, it's sad, isn't it? that's what boredom will do to you.

:D

5. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    "note the continued use of "...". how old does one usually have to be before they stop using that? "

I don't know...I am 48 and have used it... since I began writing. It actually became part of my style and was expected in my stories.
    I never became a well known author ( or even lesser known for that matter:))...but no one ever complained, or told me to change my style.
    I guess this is another reason why I am choosing to spend less time on TB. Even your grammar gets slammed by somebody. Is it any wonder why so many people remain lurkers?

6. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

To John Turner, I am 57 and still use " " excessively. That is a fault of mine. I use them to show expression I can't use when I am writing instead of talking. It never occurred to me some folks would find that irritating, but now that you mention it, I bet some do. I also use ( ) excessively, too. And to think I was a managing editor for ten years. You'd think I'd know better.

But anyway, the ugly e-mails you have received are one of my worst nightmares. Luckily no one has ever sent me an unpleasant one either from the wrestling meassage boards I visit or from Talk Bass. Thank heavens for that. I have probably given plenty of people reson to write nasty e-mails, but I've been very fortunate that they chose to restrain themselves. For that I am grateful, because I am pretty much of a coward at heart.

JAson Oldsted

7. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

To Deynn, please don't join the ranks of the lurkers. I see you have had over seven hundred posts. It would be such a loss if you went "underground." There I did it. Whoops! I did it again! (Oh, that is Brittney Spears' line.)

I go to some other message boards and, believe me, the insults are far worse than most you will see here. I say stick around. Afterall, we don't have to take a test in grammar, syntax, spelling and punctuation before we can post here. I'm really tolerant, even though I taught English for a few years. I'm more interested in what folks have to say than how they actually say it...most of the time.

Jason Oldsted

8. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey, waitaminute, lets not get too serious here, huh? much of the things i am seemingly slamming on him about, like the "..." thing, are continuing jokes/jibes from when he was posting last, and was trying to cause troubles.

this IS the humor section, i'm just trying to share some things that i found amusing.

still though, i have yet to see anybody post with the continuously used ellipses (an "ellipsis" is what those triple-periods are called) with the frequency that mr2112 did.

it...was...as...if...he...needed...to...take...a...deep...breath...before...every...word...almost...

:D

usually this was in the middle of when he was threatening to beat me up. :rolleyes:. still has yet to even tell me his name, though, or post a picture of himself.

9. Jennifer

Jennifer

Jul 31, 2000
    Erie, Illinois
    "Deynn, dont' go!" (We can barely keep 25 people out of 10,000 on the board at once!):)))":)":)))":)"

Ok, we'll let you have a 15 minute break, but you better be back to your desk on the dot, mister! :D

10. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Well...if...you...are...going...to...put...it...that...way...:D

By the way, JT...those emails ARE hilarious! :D

11. DaveTomasi

DaveTomasi Gold Supporting Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Baltimore, Maryland
    John,

Like you said, this is the humor section. Could it be that MR2112 (or whatever his/her current persona may be) is actually an aspiring biographer, and has chosen you as a breakthrough work?

12. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    possibly, dave.

you know, one learns much about people by how they deal with real or perceived threats? perhaps he is trying to find the measure of me.

he better go metric, that's all i can say. :D

13. I use "triplets" alot... like now... it´s also... like deynn... become a style of my personal writing habits.. :)

also using smilies :) I use them constantly :)... even when I´m writing some stuff for school... :)

btw: funny e-mails...

"P.S. I'm still with you here on talkbass, you just don't know who I am......Do ya' "Joe PC"!!"

hmmm... considering how he acted under the nick mr2112 is it possible he´s a certain anonymus guy from a certain anonymous thread about 8 string basses? :eek: :)

14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Guys, I don't think it's cool to speculate like that. Unless... JT, have you verified anyone's IP against his ;)?

:D:D:D

15. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, no speculation please. that only pi$$es innocent people off, and we want to keep this fun.

btw, got more correspondence from Pussy-Man! today...

MR2112:

You can only trace me from 1 street address, thats all,(at least for"mr2112")!!

Look, don't you know anything about the net...now, the reason I don't respond to you, is because, like most bass players...They actually P.L.A.Y...throughout the day ,unlike you, who types on their keyboard....I mean look at how many posts , on "umteen" newsgroiups you deal with evey day....Do you really play? If so, WHEN!!!!

You are welcome to share anything on Talkbass, because then I'll know that I really "got" to you! You are obsessed with me, aren't you?? HAHAHA!!! You are only "1" of "100) people that I mess with.....................EAT THAT!

Chow....--M.R.:)

i love the part about playing all day. yeah right, and yet he won't put up a sound sample. i wonder why. we all know that i can't play at all, though, right? right dave, and hammy, and pacman, (who've all heard me)? :rolleyes: :D
    anyway, my response...

John:

what are "newsgroiups"? oh, and you have daytime gigs? what for, "barney's pedophiles on ice"? so, where are these daytime gigs?

oh, by the way, your grammar really sucks, dude. didn't know if you knew that, thought i'd clue you in.

and you think "i am obsessed with you"? you poor dude, you mess with 100 people, huh? wow. and i thought i was special. i'm really disappointed, i mean, i thought we had something together.

keep em coming, though, and do summon up enough courage to send me your picture, 'mkay? with a bass on? why don't you put an mp3 up on talkbass? oh, wait, i remember, because you are playing too much, right?

i figured you weren't writing back because school got in the way. oh, btw, how's high school? don't feel too bad that nobody will go out with you.

and then...

MR2112:

If "Paul" would ever,EVER, give you my info..then he would have one BIG lawsuit on his hands, he knows that....get it????

lawsuit, huh? that's pretty funny, eh? from him, especially. anyway, i replied...

John:

you talk about lawsuit? after all the threatening you've done to me? not only are you an annonymous pussy, you're a moronic pussy too. didn't you know that when you threatened to "beat me up" (lol, like that's even possible, pussy) that what you were doing was illegal? you have even been so stupid to broadcast it on talkbass. i made sure and quoted you too, so even when you completely pussy out, there's still proof of it. i'm just hoping you post something threatening on a.m.r. too.

you're really sad, you know that. you proclaim yourself to be such a bass player, and yet where is a sample of your playing? you proclaim yourself a man enough to beat me up, and yet where is your picture? your name? you say you play out, but you won't say with who or where.

looking forward to your eloquent response. pussy. annonymous pussy. stupid pussy. talentless pussy. frightened pussy. meow meow.

i know, a bit theatrical, but hey, the more i egg him on, the more email fun and goodness he sends me back.

we are having a veritable cyber affair here :eek: :D i better not tell barbara. :eek: ;).

16. Hey John,

I think his statement "You are obsessed with me, aren't you??" says it all!

I remember this guy from a while back. He didn't seem that bad at first. How did he come to detest you so?

"..."

17. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Hey i just noticed something scary...Mr2112368764 [whatever the numbers are] is less mature than ME. come on he's a highschool kid I'm an 8th grader.

looking forward to your eloquent response. pussy. annonymous pussy. stupid pussy. talentless pussy. frightened pussy. meow meow

couldn't of said it better myself. I think you covered all the negative forms of pussy there. God knows he couldn't get any of the good pussy ;) [so i strayed from topic]

18. Utterly dumber than a box of wet hair. And a maturity level reached only by retarded kindergarteners. The word "loser" pops to mind, but it isn't descriptive enough.

Rock on
    Eric

19. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i don't know, stingray5. i think he's jealous of my basses.

got what supposedly is the last email from him today :

MR2112:

I'm sorry for being such a "coward"....hehehe...I will see you soon but..............I must say farewell as 'mr2112' , but you already know me on TB as someone else, and that handle LOVES you soooooo much, so I'll see you there good buddy.....Please, don't obsess over it, 'cause you'll NEVER figure it out!!! THIS IS "MR2112" SAYING...FAREWELL MY GOOD
    FRIEND, FOREVER......Well, at least until I get to the ATL.......when I see you face to face...BUH BYE!!!! MR2112 is DEAD!

to which i responded :

john :

oh, yeah, blah blah. pussy.

is that why you're quiting? don't have anything better to say then "see you in atlanta?" you ARE a pussy. a stupid one too.
    don't worry, there aren't that many idiots on talkbass. you post over there regardless of your name or how you act, and you'll show your hand.

you don't get out much, huh? you must be REALLY ugly

in a sense, this guy is really sad. and yet, in another sense, he's damn funny. sorta like "drunk dude shouting on the corner and pi$$ing himself" funny.

can't wait til he "comes to atlanta" :rolleyes:

oh, and btw, he claims to be 34. yeah right. 34 months maybe.

20. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    damn FJC, that's pretty funny. :D