Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Some bass art

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by melskee, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Just thought I'd share this, maybe some of you guys will like it.

Clicky click!

Cheers!

2. Not bad, where's his other leg?

3. Maybe he only has one?
    Like in the picture in the cover of Ron Carter´s album "Peg Leg".

R2

4. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Ah yes...I remember when I had hair....

(sigh....)

5. His other leg is behind the bass. When I pencilled it, it looked okay... but now that I look at it again, it does look kind of weird..

6. Mabbe he installed some kind of a ladder or a bar on the back of the bass, to put his foot on. That would be a bass bar...?

R2

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Is that charcoal and pencil?

It looks really good. I'd recommend going back and adding another leg. ;)

8. jaggedsphere

jaggedsphere

Jul 15, 2002
    Ottawa
    that reminds me of a jam this one night in the blues bar I used to work at...... There was the band and two jammers. A guitar and harp... both were mssing part of their arm one the left one the right. It made quite an unusual sight!
    then all we would need is that there one legged bassist and whatshisname from that 80s metal band and weed b all set!
    :p

9. that would be the drummer from def leopard.

How does a guitarist with one arm play? tapping?

10. jaggedsphere

jaggedsphere

Jul 15, 2002
    Ottawa
    the guitarist had a thing attached to the remaining portion of his upper arm. it held a guitar pick...worked pretty well, he also had an extra high E string with another tuner attached to his Strat....neat idea.

11. There's a funny story in Bill Crow's "Jazz Anecdotes" about a six-piece band led by cornetist Wingy Manone, whose had lost a hand in a trolley accident. It happened that just about every member of the band had some body part missing: a hand, a leg, an eye.

At the end of a gig one night, a club owner payed Wingy, who counted the money, which came up short. Wingy confronted the owner, who shot back, "I contracted for a 6-piece, but between the lot of you, there aren't but five men!"

12. John Sprague

John Sprague Sam Shen's US Distributor

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Sales Manager, CSC Products Inc.
    This thread is just dying for a joke that begins "A one-legged bass player hops into a bar and orders a shot of whiskey. So the bartender says ......."
    I just can't think of a punchline for it.:rolleyes:

Nice sketch though Milkski :)