Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

some bass designs

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Greg Johnsen, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    hey, so I sat down and started to draw for about 4 hours and I came up with some designs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

oh, btw, my company (when I start it) will be called No KoR (readit backwards and you'll understand the symbol and whatnot.)

Thanks, hope you guys like them, feel free to use them as well.

Greg

2. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    Awesome! Each one of those kicks the ass of my designs - I'm loving the one on the second page in the bottom right... Great stuff!

3. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    thanks! I'm really glad you like them, I'm actually working on a few more right now, I just finished one (this one actually is my design) and some more.

thanks again.

Greg

4. The one on the 2nd page bottom right looks like an old Guild Burnside headless.

5. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    never heard of those...I'll go look them up.

Greg

6. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    Too pointy for my liking. The top right on the second page looks exactly like a Lecompte, though, so I definately wouldn't use that one if you are going for originality points :-\.

7. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    I know, it looks too much like his bass, but then again, that's what I based it off of, so don't worry about me using that one.

Greg

more soon

8. I'm all for interesting design, but as far as shapes go, some of them are seriously beyond symettrical. I guess that's the point, but to what end is all I'm sayin.

Not gettin on ya, just flesh them out a bit more.

Mon

9. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    I just put up some new designs and I'm working on more.

Greg

10. Zebra

Zebra

Jun 26, 2005
    The body shapes aren't my thing, but you're getting on something!

11. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    I'm currently working on some more right now, I'm trying to get some pointy ones, so smooth ones, and maybe a few abstract ones :p

Greg

12. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    Post them when you're done!

13. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    I sure will, I'm working on something right now inspired by ritter, and something inspired by warwick.

Greg

14. Well, the top one is a Celinder J (judging by the body shape being a Jazz, and the bridge looking like a Celinder) so I'd opt against making that one.