1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Some Bizarro Music For Ya!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by *ToNeS*, Feb 1, 2006.

1. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Hello TB,

Recently started a production house with the guitarist from my band, doing quite strange and unruly music scores in order to raise some much needed cash (we're set on lashing $3,000 for this bloody KORG noisebox thing). It occurred to me that some of you might enjoy this kind of stuff, so if you're interested come have a listen to the track "Harakoo" over at http://www.myspace.com/impleximago.

Tell me whatcha think, too. I haven't had much chance to get any opinions at the moment.

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I dug it. Tom Waits-esque jazz + metal + electronica/ambient soundscapes + oddtimes.

What's not to like.

Peace,
    Adam

3. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Cheers abark, you must have the most open mind on TB. Tom Waits, you say? You're too kind :)

4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I refuse to let this thread sink into the void like your previous thread did Tones.

Blisshead, Page, Against Will, SMASH, Matt Till, Wrong Robot; hop to it.

5. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Gee, I'd love to hear it, but MySpace keeps making me wait a million years and then it tells me the page cannot be displayed. Hopefully this means that you're getting 50 hits/minute or something.

6. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Very interesting.

7. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    Completely out there! i love it.

8. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Pretty cool, its got hints of SikTh and Dillinger escape plan in there!

9. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Haha thanks, dude. My threads tend to do that; guess I just don't have that TB star pulling power :D

Cheers for listening you guys. This stuff is so odd, I wasn't sure what to expect. As long as reactions are somewhat positive and nobody's vomitting everywhere then I feel a little better about having a go at such left-field music. I never know if people are going to see quite the same merit in this kind of stuff that I do :ninja: