some cheap used amp half stack options

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Casey C., Sep 29, 2000.

1. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    i have been shopping around for like a year now for a new amp. i have changed my mind left and right. rihgt now theres a used carvin head @ ugbm tht i have my eye on. there is also a swr workingmans 300 head that sounds pretty cool. right now the carvin is the one i want. however the cab seletion they have isn't what im totally looking for. I want an ampeg 410, but they don't have one. however they do have two ampeg 210's and they do have other 410's but i don't know what is good besides ampeg, carvin, and swr. i know hartke is good but i heard the tranporters are bad.

so suggestions? i have been also looking on ebay and no results. my spending limit is about $800-$900, unless something comes up.

Thanks for your time. :)
  2. White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    Do you have a local guitar shop? Go there and check stuff out. You may find some things that you like that you never even thought about. Then again, you may be suprised and decide that the SWR sound isn't for you...

Other quality names are Eden Electronics and Gallien-Krueger. I'd definitely try out some stuff from any company that you intend to buy from before you actually buy it, this way you'll have an idea of what you're really looking for. Also, don't forget about used stuff (though you seem to be looking into that already): sometimes you can find stuff in mint condition for huge discounts.

BTW, I've heard the same about the Hartke TP series. If you're going Hartke, then I'd reccommend the XL series.