Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Some cool news--tell your drummer friends...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by miko, Dec 3, 2003.

1. I will probably jinx everything by saying this, but i'm pretty excited.

A few times, i've mentioned a product called Revolution Drumkit Mutes. They're the first drum muting system for drums and cymbals that really let you hear true drum and cymbal tone at significantly reduced volume [80% quieter].

Well, I'm coming clean and confessing that my boyfriend [and me, somewhat] invented and patented this product, and have been selling it with light success over the past few years. Sept. 11th kinda did us in, and we had to stop production for a while, but we're back in biz now, with a small manufacturing shop in Brooklyn.

Anyhow, my boyfriend went to the PASIC convention two weeks ago [Percussive Arts Society International Convention -- 3 days of drums, masterclasses, exhibits, performances -- an absolute drummer's wet dream, and a blast to attend], and got a fantastic response. It's not like we're drowning in orders, but they have been steadily trickling in through our web site. It's so cool.

What's even cooler is that 7 very big drum and drum accessory companies are extremely interested in licensing the product. They've been calling us daily -- even the day before Thanksgiving!

Also, three VERY famous drummers have expressed a keen interest in becoming endorsers.

Naturally, we're excited and nervous and calling our lawyers immediately. But we've got a meeting with one of the big ones [drum companies] later this month, and I can't wait to see what transpires. The suspense is killing us!

So, not to gush with vanity or anything, but this is really a big deal for us. We worked really hard for 3 years developing the product, sank a lot of our money into manufacturing and promotion, and almost gave up a few times. But hopefully now something good will come of all the hard work.

Anyhow, I hope you'll give us a cyber pat on the back, and excuse me if I'm boasting too much. (Hopefully boasting is not illegal on TB).

if you want to check out the product, go to

www.revolutionmutes.com

it's not a killer website, but it's not really intended to be. there is, however, a downhome video on the site, so you can hear how they sound.

i'm psyched!!

:hyper:

2. Sounds pretty cool! My friend has a set of regular drum muffle pads or whatever they're called, and it's true, they do hinder the sound a little. Keep it up!

3. Wicked. Your going to be a thousandaire!!!!!

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    That is very very cool, this might save me from getting a V-kit($$$)

5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Rad.

I need some... reduced price? :p

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Amazing! If this product ever gets made, I know 3 people that will buy them on the spot.

7. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Something my drummer definitely needs. If they work as well as you say they do I'd be tempted to pay for them myself.

8. Robert B

Robert B Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Hampton, Va USA
    Outstanding! I hope everything turns out as you hope. Wow, real entrepreneurship!! (Always wanted to use that word...)

9. I just got a drumset and this is probably something that I would add onto my Xmas list (my mom would LOVE to buy these for me :D) but I unfortunatley have a 26" bass a 15" tom and a 18" tom.

Weird set, I know...

10. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Unfortunately the sound on the video player on my system didn't work (haven't got that one figured out yet - I'm at work and don't have to watch many videos :D ). However, it looks like a great idea.

How much do they cost?

Wulf

11. wow! awesome!

hope everything goes well! good luck!!!

12. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Wow, should be great!

Whats the deal with shipping to the UK out of interest? I've 2 mates who drum (although their parents dislike the nopise intensly) aswell as my twin brother whos just taking up drumming in our garage (due to pretty severe wrist pains caused by guitar).

So, basically what I'm saying is if you sort out a link to the UK, I can probably hook up 3 sales and counting :D

By the way, would there be a discount on a number of purchases at once?

Good luck with the company as a whole though (although it looks like you won't be needing that much more!).

Edit: What are they like to hit? Does it take much more effort than an unshielded drum peice - "Beginning, intermediate and advanced drummers who want to develop good hand technique and strengthen their hand muscles. " ?

13. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Looks good, I'll send this link to my drummer friends. I'll probably have to read it to them, ;) but I'm sure they'll be psyched.

14. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    LMAO!

me too!

:D

15. Not to be a nerd or anything, but if you were 'advanced', wouldnt your hand technique already be good?

16. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Maybe it's just the fact that they can practise? A lot of the drummers I've known don't do nearly as much practise as they'd like due to the problems of volume.

Of course, as a bassist, I can turn right down, so I've got to find a different excuse... :D

Wulf