1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Some effect heavy vid's

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Proton Lenny, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Proton Lenny

Proton Lenny Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Portland Oregon
    Here are some recent videos of my band Mouth. Thought I'd share them because there is some extensive effect usage going on (by me, but also by my drummer and guitar player). I posted these in my Proton's Trek Through the Wide World of Effects, but I thought I'd post them hear as well since that thread is quite long now. :smug:

Vid number one uses some Pitchfactor with Timeline (crystals) for the high melody at the beginning (looped). Later some OC-2, Mastotron, and Tremolo (VCA) heavy bass nastiness (starts around 5 min in).

Mouth - Theme From The End Of The World (Live at The Jazzhaus on 12/29/11) - YouTube

Number Two: nothing really until the latter half. Some looping of a bass line during my solo. Soloing with Pitchfactor and Timeline. Then a bunch of random stuff and OC-2 during dub ending.

!

As a side note, like I mentioned above, I do quite a bit of looping. Mostly looping bass lines and then soling or noodling on top. So quite often if you hear more than a three piece sound you are hearing me playing a few parts simultaneously. My drummer also has the ability to loop aux percussion parts which he does quite often. Anyway, enjoy. Thought I'd share with my fellow effects junkies.

2. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Anytown USA
    Hey Cool stuff! I would have never guessed K.C. would have such a fun musical scene, nice.
    You guys make good tasty use of technology.
    Cheers to you!
    Dirk

3. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    Nice, as always.

4. ccouch7

ccouch7

Feb 14, 2009
    Awesome stuff man!!

5. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    You guys sound really cool, thanks for sharing! :)

6. Proton Lenny

Apr 24, 2006
    Portland Oregon
    Thanks for the compliments gents. These are actually on the lighter side of our effects usage.

7. Proton Lenny

Apr 24, 2006
    Portland Oregon
    I posted this video in my personal thread but I thought for the sake of keeping them together I'd post it here as well. Recent video of my band Mouth from last weekend. Lots of new sounds from my Pitchfactor, Timeline, and others. Enjoy!