Some Funky Bass in the Soundtrack of the "Undercover Brother" Movie...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by gfab333, Mar 17, 2003.

1. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Finally got around to renting this movie. It's kind of like Austin Powers, but with black / soul humor. Pretty funny stuff. The sound track was naturally a lot of 70s funk music. Sounds like Bootsey or somebody redid the "Tear the Roof of the Sucker" tune. Some great funk bass on the sound track. Some of it sounded like it was new studio work done specifically for the movie. The ad lib stuff had nice chops and a great tone. I may go out and buy the CD soundtrack.
  2. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    That was a really funny movie. I used to go watch it every day during my break when I worked at the movie theatre.
  3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Just watched this one with fellow TBers Dave Siff & Brendan the night after the Atlanta GTG, and it was indeed jam-packed with some killer bass playing. The movie was pretty funny, in a pseudo-Austin Powers kinda fashion.

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    uh, that would be The Man, stanley clarke his own bad self. he composed, and undoubtedly played, on that soundtrack. another standout for him is passenger 57.

being as this is funkified and music related, it's off to misc. (where it may get the boogie shuffle off to recordings, depending on how it develops) :D
  5. Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Blackness confirmed... You've got soul!
  6. I Think that Alex Al also played a lot of the bass.

He mentioned something in a bassplayer article about working with his hero Stanley on the soundtrack.

I love that movie... give me white she devil any day
  7. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Yeah Codeine,

She Devil is mighty fine. I think she was in Starship Troopers too; I think that was the title.
  8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    She-Devil = Denise Richards

9. I wrote a post about this movie and Stanley Clarke

if not for the movie
    for the music... baby