some general intrest jaco questions

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by JOhnk, Aug 13, 2001.

1. JOhnk

Mar 31, 2001
    burlington, vt
    heyall.. i was introduced to jaco when i first became part of this forum thingy here, and i'm curious as to how he died, and if anyone knows of any good mp3 sites featuring his music, help would be appreciated....

being surrounded by non-bassists in my house, i have to tell somebody that cares now..i just found a fretless warwick corvette 4-string for about $650. it's used, but in beautiful condition. chances are looking that it will be mine. oh yes. after a series of small, gradual, tedious downpayments.

it's so embarrassing when they have to drag me from the store. . . when will i learn.
  2. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    To know more about Jaco, buy the biography written by Bill Milkowski called "Jaco - The Extraordinary and Tragic Life of Jaco Pastorius "The World's Greatest Bass Player"" - very good reading.

On September 12, 1987, Jaco was involved in a fight with a bouncer at a club, and passed away 9 days later in hospital. He was 35. There are some posters here who knew him personally and might be able to tell you more, but it is a sad sad ending to a bass pioneer, whose music still lives on.