1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Some Gig Pics to get us through no gig time

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by SteveC, May 20, 2020.

1. DanTheQuaker

DanTheQuaker Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Seattle, WA
    KindaSortaPhoto1.jpg

2. Ostie

Ostie

Aug 1, 2018
    Mid MI
    Dark Horse.jpg
    The Lost Hitch Hikers at Dark Horse Brewing Co., Marshall, MI. Im playing mandolin on this song.

Gallery2016.jpg
    The Gallery Brewing Co., Portland MI. Me again on mandolin.

3. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Thanks for checking out the clip @BassCliff ! Yea, going 'semi-acoustic' especially with a firecracker like Dez is a bit strange but worked out. We're playing Gilley's again this Fri-Sat and maybe next weekend too. Gonna take the house kit off the riser and put Mark's small travel kit up there and the three of us still need to be on stools and 6ft apart in front, I think they still aren't going to advertise as not to pack it while we're still in Phase 2, hopefully the end of the month everything moves to phase 3 to ease up the entertainment restrictions here! We'll check you out 4th july weekend for sure if we're not working!

McG and BassCliff like this.
  4. Datsgor

Datsgor Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2000
    East Bay, N. Ca.
    I actually got a gig shot from last Thursday. We were asked to come play a senior living center as they missed us and wanted to hear our music. When we arrived we had to sign a disclosure form, spray our shoes and have our temperatures taken. With masks on we set up behind some yellow tape and played our set to a very happy group of retired persons. Everything was mellow and it was hassle free. It gave me hope of actually having things work out eventually. This is a shot from just after the gig...you can just see the back of my bass' neck leaning up against my Carvin PB150 combo right the next to the dude giving the peace sign.

Resized_20200611_164222_3181[2411].jpeg

5. Eli_Kyiv

Eli_Kyiv

Apr 7, 2020
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    A year ago, Kupala celebration (an East Slavic Midsummer Night). A gig in the woods, on a shore of huge freshwater reservoir called Kyiv Sea. A couple of pics so you can see a magic of the place.
    viber image4.jpg img_8719.jpg img_8770.jpg img_6855.jpg IMG_0651.jpg
    And now the gig photos. The setlist consisted mostly of classic rock songs.
    DSC_0939n.jpg
    DSC_0941n.jpg
    DSC_0942n.jpg
    DSC_0963n.jpg
    DSC_0984n.jpg

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  6. Outside gig time last Sunday, first in a long time, new member.

14211274277_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=dd9801&_nc_ohc=4Zw7BEXrDugAX_QdohY&_nc_ht=scontent.feau1-1.jpg

Beersurgeon, nixdad, Datsgor and 3 others like this.
  7. stubborne

stubborne

Oct 22, 2009
    Rock Hill, SC
    Fun "80's Night" gig... yes, there was beer involved:
    Verdict Ridge - 23.jpg
    They make me sing, too :whistle:. Notice the duct tape, broke during set up!
    Verdict Ridge - 9.jpg

8. Mic stands are the worst, I hate buying them.

The one I use now is from parts and pieces of the last 3 I had purchased. I just used the most durable parts from each and came up with one that's been usable for a couple years now. Yes, I'm cheap. :thumbsup:

9. Eli_Kyiv

Eli_Kyiv

Apr 7, 2020
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    The mic stand I use on the photo above is 40 years old and build like a tank. It also weighs like a tank, but that's another story.
    DSC_0939n.jpg

WI Short Scaler likes this.
  10. Volker Kirstein

Volker Kirstein Blippy the Wonder Slug Supporting Member

Last Wednesday in June, one year ago, at the BluesHaus. Bass is my go-to girl Jenny, a Harley Benton Shorty.
    bass BH 20190626_212947.jpg
    bass BH 20190626_213041.jpg
    bass BH 20190626_235600_565.jpg

11. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi!

Wow! That's a huge freshwater lake! Is that part of the Dnieper river? What a beautiful place. Thanks for the pictures. :)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Eli_Kyiv likes this.
  12. Eli_Kyiv

Eli_Kyiv

Apr 7, 2020
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Yes, it's a part of Dnipro river, but it's an artificial reservoir with a damb rather than lake. Located 40 miles north of Kyiv. It was built in 1964, my birthyear. :)

BassCliff likes this.
  13. luqman_the_wise

luqman_the_wise

Jul 16, 2018
    Istanbul
    Me and boys @Caravan Rock Bar. No Brain Society greets everyone from Istanbul (not Constantinople)!

Attached Files:

14. stevecaronna

stevecaronna Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    St Rose Louisiana
    Nashville South Band first gig after lockdown ended.

Attached Files:

BassCliff and WI Short Scaler like this.
  15. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    I only have a few and none of the “gig” but we played a private party at a lake place last night. We like these as the pay is good, the setting is good and the food is good. I didn’t take pics as I didn’t want to look like a weirdo but they were nice people and probably wouldn’t have minded. We set up on the patio facing the lake.
    2B1144F3-13C3-4CFF-8D1D-75D958B0AA29.jpeg
    The front of the house was just as impressive.
    4AA9679D-32DC-4C4F-957E-41822F1771A8.jpeg
    For distancing we brought our sound guys RV.
    FD83E681-86C0-4857-9D63-08873F9F9DB9.jpeg
    • Turns our we didn’t need it as we had a “green room” to ourselves off the patio. Stocked fridge with booze and drinks.
    6EDA13E8-02D6-45E0-A420-814DA41A3129.jpeg
    They had food for us - pulled beef, deep fried turkey bites, salads, desserts. Really good. I don’t have any crowd shots. The stayed back about 30 feet. Some boats anchored in the lake and listened. Pretty cool. Also made 5 bills so not bad. We have another like this in August. I’ll try for better pics and maybe post in BassCliffs thread.

16. lowphatbass

lowphatbass **** Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Probably one of the funnest gigs of 2018. One of those “originals/no rehearsal” gigs that keeps you on your toes all night....can’t wait to do it again sometime!
    ADED2166-6E76-4E92-8E54-C618C3258848.jpeg

Beersurgeon and BassCliff like this.
  17. My favorite gig in the last couple years, Bayfield WI, right behind us is the city pier and Lake Superior.

color shot in the dark.jpg

group b&w.jpg

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    Beersurgeon, BassCliff and Eli_Kyiv like this.
  18. TNCreature

TNCreature Jinkies! Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Philadelphia Burbs
    Green Cathedral (1 of 2 of my original bands) November 21st streaming benefit for and at The Kennett Flash, Kennett Square, PA.
    No audience and masked up.
    Video is archived on their Facebook and YouTube pages.
    Odd with no audience, but it felt so great to play, and support a great listening room that has supported us over the years. (First photo flipped)
    FB_IMG_1610506334026.jpg FB_IMG_1610506368494.jpg

19. Nothing like inhaling an intense cloud of horseradish while singing/playing!... SB%20LIHF.jpg

20. kevin wells

kevin wells

Aug 11, 2016
    Texas
    November 14 2020. The day went from the 80s to high 30 when we went on. Mötley Crüe tribute. The wind got so bad that we had to take down our back drop curtain, and didn't get to use our flame throwers that we have stationed at the back of the stage. received_3964380163590860.jpeg

Attached Files:

Beersurgeon and Eli_Kyiv like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021