Some girls asked me to buy them cigarettes tonight

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by i like tictacs, Aug 19, 2005.

1. And I wouldn't. I am over 18, they were not. I feel bad but I think I made a good decision. Oh well. I am good friends with them, but it's not happening. I can't let two beautiful girls get sucked into that crap.

flame/hate/whathaveyou/disagree with my decision, but oh well.
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Ever since I was 16 I've had people asking me to buy them cigarettes because I look older than I am. I've bought them once for a good friend of mine, but that's it.
  3. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    I´ve been asked on a number of occasions by total strangers (kids under 18) to buy cigarettes, I´ve always said no.
  4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I devised a plan to buy cigarettes a carton at a time and then sell them one cigarette at a time to the high school kids who hang out around a local movie theater. I could have been rich.
  5. Good call. Smoking sucks. I'm a smoker BTW.

This morning on my way to work in my wifes car, some guy pulls up beside me, rolls down his window and asks me for a smoke! ***? This dude was driving an SUV worth twice my car. I'm constantly being asked for smokes outside of where I work. Pretty annoying especially considering the cost of smokes these days in Ontario. So I now just take one with me downstairs, and at least I'm not lying to them when I say I don't have any!
  6. a friend of mine did this in high school...its funny because HS smokers will pay almost anything to get one! i laugh at their pathetic-ness
  7. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    good choice.

i've only done it once or twice. but that was then they were willing to give me a 10 and said i can have the change.

every little bit helps out with gas
  8. at least you get change there
  9. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Next time skip the 10 and go for the 20-spot. You're not making much in NJ from the cost of smokes with $10. I'm not a smoker, but we get a lot of people at work from NJ who pass through PA to stock up here from the price difference.
  10. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Back in HS this happened to me all the time because I looked 18 in 5ths grade.

I used to just take the kids money and buy food, then tell them the store was out of cigarettes and leave.

Now I just laugh when random kids come up to me and ask me to buy them cigs or alcohol.
  11. Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Any addict is pathetic; they all lose it when they go into withdrawal. That's why drugs are the most important element of my emergency/apocalypse kit: even a small amount of cigarettes, alcohol and painkillers will be worth thousands to the right addict.
  12. Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    I'm only 14, but I look, sound, walk and talk like I'm 18 (apparantly :rolleyes: ) so all the time I get everyone I know asking for me to go and buy alcohol or cigarettes (binge-drinking is all the rage here... About 95% of my school do it, and 4% of the remaining are seen as social rejects... Luckily I'm one of the 1% that is neither). I always say no - I don't mind being around people drinking or smoking in moderation, but when they get so desperate they're willing to pay as much as 5x the price of what they cost in the shops something's up.

13. I used to fly to New York City once or twice a month, and I'd always bring a few cartons of smokes for my friends up there. Compare $23 per carton to $70+ per carton up there... They were all legal age, by the way. I wouldn't contribute to kids smoking. Heck, I'd like to go back and have a word with the shop owners that used to sell me cigarettes when I was 15... :scowl:
  14. Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    In this day and age you could probably sue him for it too.
  15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Sometimes, these hot little girls who want cigs are working for the cops.
  16. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    As a 16 year old, Id like to say smoking sucks, it took my aunty. I could buy em for friends, but no thanks.
  17. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

every now and then , they run this little sting operation here in
    san antonio.

you don't wan't to be caught on video ... oh man , you don't wanna be caught on video.
  18. I hear that! I wouldn't buy cigs for hot 16 year old girls and risk arrest. Unless they were talking about... you know.... "favors"... in exchange. :eek: :bag:

19. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    After which you risk being caught for buying sigs for minors AND doing "favors" with them.

Brilliant plan :D