Some guys just love the bass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Don Higdon, Jul 10, 2001.

1. I'm telling my luthier how I had my beautifully restored Mittenwald on the table, and I'm trying to get some adhesive off the underside of the bridge with a real sharp knife, and the knife slips, and I watch it slice into the pad of my middle finger, left hand. My luthier says:
    "Oh. I thought you were going to tell me you scratched the bass."
  2. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    That one actually made me chuckle out loud.

Thanks Don! :) :) :)
  3. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
  4. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I have no idea what you're talking about Craig!
  5. Thats funny, I think I would have felt the same way. When I was putting new strings on I had to cut the tail piece a little and cut my finger, I cleaned the blood off the bass before taping my finger.

Did you here the one about the luthier who cut his finger tip off working on a DB? He called his wife to tell her he would be late because he had cut his finger bad and had to go to the hospital. She asked did you cut the whole finger . . . *insert rim shot*

6. A woman once ran into the back of my car at a stop sign. I jumped out, ran round the back and opened the tailgate to check my bass, and got chastised by my wife for not checking to see if the woman was OK. Sod her, I said, this is more important.