Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Some helpful critisism on our bands site..

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by bass_player16, May 28, 2005.

1. Hey everyone, we just finished creating our site, gotta add some lil things here and there, just wanted to know what you thought so far, its www.gain.piczo.com .

thanks
    Jared

2. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Dude, the pop ups and ads are horrible. Host your site somewhere else to get rid of that crap. Whenever I see that on a site I leave immediately.

3. Corbis

Corbis Guest

Feb 19, 2003
    Wamego KS
    Mine's not much better either.

For starters your website's layout looks like it was conceived and executed all within a half hour time span. Its really bland and looks like you used Netscape Composer and just starting typing away.

All your pictures are from the same gig with really bad lighting and a really bad background.

Your guestbook has 2 entries from your friends. Guestbooks from bands just starting out are pointless to me. It'll either be A) Your friends, family, and bandmembers saying how awesome you one gig was or B) Someone who doesn't like you as a person or is jealous of the attention your getting and will say how much you suck.

You have a band gear section. Honestly I don't care what you have. People you come to your website who aren't musicans aren't going to care. People who do come to your website who are local musicians are going to judge you on the stuff you have and most likely voice their opinions through your guestbook.

Your bio is lacking, like Andrew W said have someone else write it for you. Your bio goes from saying how your old drummer quit/was kicked out, then you say once you got a new drummer that you were bad but somehow got better. Then you talk about your first song and playing it for a talent show that you were scared at. My suggestion for you bio is sugar coat everything and make everything your band has done seem liked it brought done the house.

Example
    "Gain is a groundbreaking group that fuses all four members music tastes into one seemingless stoppable enity. Featuring the multitalented Ryan the frontman will shape your emotions to anyway he see fit. The rock steady Jared provides the hardest hitting bass lines your ever hear. Along with Greg, with his uncanny knack for making melodic and catchy lead lines at a moments notice. And finally lovely Jill pounds the skins like no other. Gain is a force to be reckoned with and will continue their domination of todays music scene with their soon-to-be release album. but in the mean time 'Crank up the Gain'"