1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Some ideas please...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by SoapImpression, Oct 3, 2009.

1. SoapImpression

SoapImpression

Oct 3, 2009
    Hi,

I'm currently in the process of upgrading my 95 Squier P-bass. It actually died a death about a year ago but I'm getting a little bored of my replacement Squier Jazz so I've sanded it down and repainted it (http://bunnyoutfit.com/refinishing-my-p-bass/).

I'm now thinking about what hardware to put on. I'm probably going to go with SPB-3 Quarter-Pound to replace the original stock pickups I had.

I've read a lot about Badass bridges recently, particularly the Badass II but I'm failing to find anyone who has them in stock (UK, although even finding it hard to source from the states). I've also looked at the Hipshot A style. Has anyone got any preference and/or info on the difference.

I'm also looking to change the tuners but haven't got that far in terms of looking for replacements. I was wondering about getting closed covered ones. Again any info on favorites or ones to avoid would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
    James

2. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009