Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Some Kind Of Monster on VH1 this Saturday

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Apr 6, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

2. MAJOR METAL

I think when it comes to the Lars scenes their will be so much bleeping that it might be hard to make out what he is saying. :D

3. MAJOR METAL

Its on tonight at 10 PM :hyper:

4. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    I was just thinking about all those Metallica fans who bought the DVD;
    and now here it is only a relatively short time after it's release,
    and it's being shown multiple times commerical free.

5. willgroove2

willgroove2

Aug 16, 2003
    chicago IL
    Endorsing Artist;Essential sound products,Dunlop, Ergo Instruments
    sat and watched this show with my girlfriend,we both found it very interesting.i am not a big fan of that type of music but i am well aware of who metallica is and what they have done in music and have mad respect for for those things,BUT i tripped out on there atitudes toward each other and really see why jason newstead left the band.two part's really stick out for me 1.when kirk and lars went to go see jasons new band and lars said "i thought it would be in some little bar in front of 20 drunks" my girl and i looked at each other and went "wow that guy is a ass"the fact that he hoped that it wouldn't be sucessful just showed what kind of guy he is at heart 2.the part with dave mustain and lars and the fact that lars never thought about how dave felt getting kicked out of the band the way he was and the fact that they never said "dude go get some help".dave was still deeply hurt 18yr and 15 million sales later and it helped me understand some thing's i heard about him(dave) better.very interesting

6. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Egotistical jackasses who make boring, uninteresting, music. Hetfield looks like the cowardly lion and sounds like the cowardly lion's farts. I can't imagine anything I'd want to see less (maybe VH-1 divas!). Just MHO. Flame away.

7. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    I think they've written some really good songs. But not that many. But a decent number of decent songs, too. And not that many really bad ones.

And if that's how you feel, you should have watched it, Cheeze. The movie is two hours of the guys in Metallica whining about how much everyone else sucks. They are all such jerks to each other and everyone else. And they apparently have been for years. Excellent entertainment.

And man, Lars is SUCH a dick. Here's all he did during the movie: :rolleyes: :eyebrow: :crying: :scowl: :bawl: :mad: :bawl: :mad: :rollno: :mad: :scowl: :mad: :eyebrow: :rolleyes: :mad: :bawl: :scowl:

It's worth watching just to laugh at Lars.

8. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Well...looking at it that way, I MAY have to watch it!

9. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS

As opposed to boring, interesting music?

I don't care for Phish, but I wouldn't post about my dislike for Phish in a thread about Bittersweet Motel.

10. MAJOR METAL

The good thing about the DVD is that their is an extra disc of cuts that didint make it into the movie. I think they trimmed the movie a littel on VH1 to make it fit exactly into the alloted block.

11. Mind Eroded

Mind Eroded Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2003
    Brooklyn/Buffalo, NY
    I think its sad they only showed Scott Reeder(ex-Kyuss) jamming with them on "For whom the bell tolls" for about 2 seconds(i think they even showed him f*ck up alittle on the last notes!). They should of grabbed him in a second. Adding insult to injury when they were discussing Rob's playing they mentioned "he seemed to be the only one who didnt struggle with any of it" i cant imagine Scott Reeder "struggling" to play some 4/4 Metallica tunes. Aparently Lars never listened to "Welcome to Sky Valley.." I wish they had more scenes with Scott and less of the other douchebags(the bassplayer from Alanis Morrisette? :eyebrow: )

12. olesne

olesne

Mar 25, 2005
    I AM SORRY BUT AS I GET OLDER I THINK THE GUYS IN METALLICA ARE AN EMBARRESMENT.IT IS PAINFUL TO WATCH
    A BUNCH OF GROWN MEN WHO HAVE EVERYTHING (HEALTH,WEALTH,FAMILIES....) ACT LIKE A BUNCH OF WHINING SPOILED LITTLE GIRLS. IS ANYONE ELSE RUBBED THE WRONG WAY FOR THEIR FREE ALL NIGHT CONCERT FOR THOSE ANIMALS IN PRISON? YOU DON'T SEE THEM PUTTING ON A FREE SHOW FOR BLIND KIDS OR TROOPS IN THE MIDDLE EAST. JASON LEFT FOR THE RIGHT REASONS. I WAS HAPPY TO SEE WHY HE LEFT, BUT WHEN HE CAME CALLING TO GET BACK IN WITH THOSE GUYS I LOST ALL RESPECT FOR HIM. I THINK ROB T. IS TOO GOOD FOR THOSE GUYS. PERHAPS HE CAN BRING A LITTLE CLASS TO THAT CIRCUS. I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THEM MUSICALLY. I THINK THEY ARE THE CLOSEST THING THIS MUSIC GENERATION HAS TO LED ZEPPELIN. BUT MAN, GROW UP FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! :rollno:

13. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Why not? You're entitled to have an opinion about Phish, Metallica, or anyone else, just as I am.

14. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    Your opinion is fine, C-Lo. I think he was just complaining of your delivery. Coming into a thread about Metallica just to say "LoL they suxors" is fairly close to trolling.

Edit: Also, olesne, what? I couldn't make out what you're saying. Type louder please! :p

15. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Different strokes I guess.

16. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Maybe the other footage was even worse? :eyebrow: Lohner, Twiggy, and Pepper Keenan absolutely wouldn't have been able to cut it, regardless of practice. Their feel, speed, and other ability was not centered on metal. Maybe (obviously) Trujillo clicked, played, and handled himself better than all other candidates?

That said, I have seen Metallica twice since Trujillo joined. He is solid as granite, with chops for days. Weird stage presence, but that's the only thing you could fault him for.

17. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i was flipping through and saw this on. i watched it for abotu 20 minutes. all it was was lars lars lars. god i wanna bitch smack him so badly.

18. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI

Animals? Hmmm... :eyebrow:

19. MAJOR METAL

I like Metallica :hyper: :bassist:

20. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I liked the movie when I rented it on DVD. Trujillo definately seemed to be the best fit for the band. And his "victory dance" with the Stingray after he got the job was priceless. It looked like something I would do. :smug:

Yeah, Lars does come off as a jerk. I was hoping that Mustaine would yell at him and rip him a new one, but I think Dave took the better route on this one.

Good movie. Whether you like the band or not, it's really interesting to see how these guys haven't seemed to really mature since 1983 in some ways. I guess they haven't had to, so they didn't. It's like watching a bunch of guys in their early 20's...only they look over 40.