Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Some Kind of Monster

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, May 17, 2004.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Metallica fans check it out www.somekindofmonster.com . I cant wait, it should be a eye opening look into the Band that had been very closed to it's inner working for many years.

2. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I'm curious what we're going to learn about the band that we didn't already know.

3. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    I poop on Metallica.

4. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Oh, I do too. I'm just trying to find some justification for making this movie.

5. money - no offence to fans, ill delete this comment should it necessary. :)

6. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Oh. Well, crap, that's alright then.

7. MAJOR METAL

The reason is to record and document a band who was undering going some big changes in its inner workings.

8. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    So it's not about money?

9. kegbarnacle

kegbarnacle

Nov 18, 2003
    Phoenix
    About money? I'm sure Lars Ulrich is either getting his piece or filing a lawsuit, one of those two.

10. why does lars wear clothes that were sold in the 90's at walmarts and zellers? how does he manage to hold onto those crappy faded zellers clothes for so long? ITS CRAZY

11. i saw it at a free screening here in NYC a few weeks ago.

prety good flick. it is really entertaining and you do get to see the bass player auditions. some of those cats couldn't even play the opening to FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS.

alot of it is James and Lars going at each other's throats and you see some really lame stuff from the therapist.

my favorite part is when kirk speaks up and lets james know the score.
    good stuff.

the crowd was mostly just documentary fans and they all dug it.
    not many metal heads there.

12. MAJOR METAL

It will be on DVD early next year :hyper:

13. MAJOR METAL

I really dont think so, it was not intended from the start to be a money maker thing just to capture what was going on in the band.

14. I'm not much of a Metallica fan, but the band's been around for 20 years and if you can get a sense of what keeps them going...

15. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Is the new movie made about AC/DC about the money? I think not ;)

16. MAJOR METAL

This Monster Lives

17. Metallideth

Metallideth

Feb 19, 2004
    its about hooking there fans.

They've crapped on there old fans. they've admitted it, now theyre trying to hook the older crowd that became intrested with St.Anger

18. I'm looking forward to seeing it. I heard from a friend that it's got a "reunion" of Lars Ulrich and Dave Mustaine (who IMO was a better lead player than Kirk will ever be). I'd love to see the "original" line-up of Metallica get back together (minus Cliff obviously) but seeing as how James and Dave don't get along too well anymore, I highly doubt it would ever happen.

19. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    There needs to be an iron maiden movie, now that would be entertaining.

20. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    Considering Cliff wasn't the original bassist, it's still possible. Ron McGovney's still alive as far as I know. Whether or not he still plays bass, I dunno.