Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Some Lightwave information

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Siggy, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Siggy

Siggy Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2003
    Columbus Ohio
    I ran across three Lightwave basses a few months ago in a local shop. I had heard of the pickup system but never had the pleasure of seeing one up close. While playing them, a young lady came up and said that her boyfriend had seen an add for bassists. He had applied and it turned out that it was for work in the Lightwave factory here in Ohio.

??? Ohio???

I got on line, and left Lightwave a query and they sent me the name and number of a contact, and as it turned out, he and I knew of each others bands in the 60's!

He invited me up to see their new factory. It is impressive. I even filled out an application.

It's a new facility and all they do is make bass guitars, and yes it is in Ohio.

This was a few months ago.

Yesterday I called Jim with a couple of questions and he invited me up to look at their product line and I was smitten with a 5-string fretless with tape wound strings......WOW she is sweet! Unbelievable tone control...

Anyway I knew that from time to time there are a lot of questions concerning the pick ups and I thought some of you might be curious about the guitars.

Lightwave has got a Website up now. You can check them out at

www.lightwave-music.com

Siggy

2. Professor X

Professor X

Apr 15, 2002
    Motown
    Cool, I went to School on the other side of Columbus (Chillicothe). I'll have to plan a summer trip down there to check it out. ;)