1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

some like it hot

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kserg, Apr 15, 2006.

1. I drink hot sauce when I am thirsty

8 vote(s)
    9.9%
  2. On every dish i eat, including sweets.

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  3. On every dish i eat

5 vote(s)
    6.2%
  4. Many dishes but not all

20 vote(s)
    24.7%
  5. Some dishes

36 vote(s)
    44.4%
  6. none

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  7. Carrots only

6 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    If you are one of them, list your favorite hot sauces and how you use them.

Oh and for fun a poll...

2. tobasco in a shot glass

ok that was a dare and i made $50 it was sweet (err the getting $50 part)

3. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I'm a wimp when it comes to hot foods, EXTRA mild at the Thai place. And the only thing that goes in my shot glasses is scotch!

4. At one time in my life I would put Tabasco on just about anything it would taste good with, eggs especially. I would make my own taco filling and splash in plenty of Tabasco. Hot dogs, sauté some onions and peppers, then slap on some of that taco sauce. Mmmm, that's good eat'n!

You want to add some real heat to your cooking? Pick up some crushed red pepper flakes.

5. steve21

steve21 Banned

Frank's Hot Sauce rules.

I'm likin' the Buffallo hot sauce. I enjoy to add the hot sauce into food in the prep stage/cooking stage, not so much putting it on an already done thing.

6. Not one to do sauce usually...better to call upon my arsenal of spices or buy fresh peppers (Scotch bonnets especially) at the store...

Spices--
    Cumin-heat + warmth
    Cayenne pepper-heat + bite
    Curry-heat + zing (amount of heat depends on strength--best stuff comes from Caribbean or Indian grocers)

If the dish doesn't make my eyes water and my nose run, I give it some "assistance". :D

Fun topic!

7. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I like hot/spicy foods as long as the sauce/spice tastes good. Buffalo sauce doesn't make it for me since it tastes horrible.

8. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    I'd use hot sauce more (I think I need to get my tongue a little bit tougher), but it always tastes like garbage, thereby making the food taste like garbage.

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Daves Private Reserve, Blairs Sudden Death and 3AM, Spontaneous Combustion, Pure Cap, and Mad Dog Inferno are just a few of the 100+ sauces in my collection. I have a hot sauce for every type of food. I love it.

I also grow my own habaneros and jalapenos each summer.

-Mike

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Some for me.

Diablo saw blades' motto is "spice up your saw"

They sent my store a case of promo hot sauce. I liked it so much I took the entire case. :)

11. me and my daughter like sauces made with habanero peppers. habanero doritos are our favorite salty snack. but they are hard to find here in s.c.. hot sauce of some type goes on everything i eat. each type of food deserves its own special sauce.

12. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Me and you need to party.

13. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    if you live in new york, you usually put crushed peppers on your pizza. Good stuff!

14. I like Tabasco most of the time, but I found out that Cholula works well in coffee.

15. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    There's a shot called The Prairiedog that's made by 3 parts of tabasco and one part of vodka.

16. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    I'm a big fan of Scorned Woman. Very flavorful while remaining hot. I also am a big fan of habaneros in my cooking.

Also, I have DESSERT HOT SAUCES from Toad Sweat. They're hot sauces designed for desserts....which go quite well, I must say.

17. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    Yeah I have some of that toad sweat too! Its great on vanilla ice cream!

18. Basschair

Basschair .............. Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Dave's Insanity Sauce, mixed with BBQ (usually a 1/4 tsp to about 8 oz of BBQ sauce) to make some really good spicey chicken wings.

19. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I'm hooked on Blair's sauces at the moment. Blair's After Death goes on a lot of stuff and I like Jalapeno Death on my scrambled eggs (it's much milder, as mild as Tabasco sauce ;), but the flavor goes great with eggs.)

Last year I grew my own cayenne and habanero chiles and I plan on doing it again this year (actually I need to hurry up with that.) Grew my own tomatoes too. There's nothing like fresh salsa made from fresh chiles and tomatoes from your own backyard.

20. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Seriously. I've had people over for hot sauce tasting parties. You can get a natural high from eating a lot of hot sauce. It has something to do with the hot sauce releasing the endorphins in your brain, and when taken in mass quantity can make you loopy.

-Mike