Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Some low-life hit my car last night!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jobu3, Aug 10, 2004.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    My car's only one year old and other than some line paint that got on the side, it was flawless... :bawl: It was between the hours of 10:00 PM and 6:30 AM. My nextdoor neighbor thought he heard something btw. 2:30 and 3:00, but thought it was his garbage can getting knocked over by some varmint.

It was probably some drunk leaving the bar after a few too many. Fortunately, no one was injured but I'm still mad as heck. The damage doesn't appear to be too bad at a glance but the scuffs and underlying dents, although small, are where the rear quarter-panel creases; thus making it very hard (and most likely expensive) to repair. I also have to replace the rearview mirror on the driver side. :meh:

All I know is that it was an older style Honda, probably an Accord... Whoever it was, they left their passenger side mirror on the sidewalk next to the scene of the accident... So I've got my eyes open for a one-winged Honda. :ninja:

:scowl: :mad:

2. that sucks, man. sorry to hear that. :(

3. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    Thats happened to me while I was in the car. We were stopped at a stoplight when some idiot forgets to put on his brakes and slammed into us and then we hit the car in front of us. While we were still like, wth!?, they sped off and we didn't get their tag. I was in an expedition and we broke the tail light of the car in front of us just to give you an idea as to how fast they other people were going.

4. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    No injuries, I hope. :eek:

5. Kavorka

Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    I'm sorry, Big Joe. Same thing happened to my first new car. Walked out the next morning and found it smashed to &#^%. I just kept saying "my car my car my car....."

Hope they can fix it for you and that your insurance rates don't go up!

6. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I don't think I'll be going through my insurance because of my deductible... :help:

7. I clipped a bunch of mailboxes today. I've had my 2001 ranger for almost a year and it was brand new when I got it (old stock). This was the first mark on it. And it's ugly. Ugh. The mailbox is fine...my truck is not.

8. If I see one I'll contact you immediately.

9. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    That sucks.

Reminds me of a little driving adventure with my buddy. BACKGROUND: New Mustang Bullitt, we were driving somewhere about a year ago, and all of a sudden my friend drops a gear and attempts to "drift" around a 90 degree right hand turn. Well, he turns too much and we plow into the cement poles protecting an Edison box. Of course, my friend not being too bright about this kind of thing, he backs up and takes off! With me saying "dude, something is dragging....dude, check the radiator!". Sure enough, as we're "fleeing" down the road, WHUMP. I spin around in my seat, and see the front bumper bouncing behind us....we ran over it. Bottom line, bumper mounts were crushed, needed new bumper, hood, lights, trim pieces, radiator mounts, and he had Maaco repaint the ENTIRE car.

Day he gets the car back from Maaco, 3 hours later to be exact. I'm with him again, we're waiting behind some other cars at a red light....my buddy's arguing with somebody on his cell phone. This is where he does something unbelievably stupid: Left turn lane gets green, cars start moving beside us. Buddy drops it into first and pops the clutch, and we run into the stopped car in front of us, which runs into the stopped car in front of it. Minimal damage to my buddy's Mustang, same for the other cars.....I wish he had totaled it! What a complete moron......sorry, I just had to vent. Sincerely hope you catch the guy, and sue him if possible for a hit and run.

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Dude, if you wanna hear a real tragic story: I was bar hopping in Avoca, PA, and at last call I casually stroll on home and someone parked their car where I was driving... my poor poor honda.

Yeah, that sucks. I do think it's strange that cars are suppose to look nice though. I mean, I don't mind if my car gets dented/scratched. It adds personality/little stories you can tell. I guess that's why I don't want to pay a boatload of money for a car.

11. I had just gotten a 2 year old car that was seriously as good as new- a 94 Accord wagon. I'd had the car less than a week, (I think I got it on a Tuesday) and I'd gone to the barbershop on a Friday. I came out after getting my hair cut, and something didn't look right to me, the light was reflecting off the side of the car oddly. As I'm trying to figure out what was wrong a lady came up to me and handed me a piece of paper and said "an old lady in a white car with this licence number backed right into your car, she stopped got out looked at her car and drove off." The barbershop I used to go to was parallel parking on one side of the street and angle parking on the other side.

The car after that, I had the car for about a week and it got 'shopping carted' in the Wal Mart parking lot. From the passenger side front wheel well to middle of the passenger door. Just like someone squeezed the cart between my car and another.

Most dings on my car are of unknown origin. A pebble kicked up, or someone opening a door into mine... No stories, just annoyance.

On the other hand, I don't really care too much if one of my guitars or basses gets a nick or whatever in it. Go figure.

12. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Last Friday morning my wife woke me up to tell me that both passenger and driver side windows of our Civic Si were broken out. The car was sitting in our driveway, on a cul-de-sac. Nothing was taken. Cops said there was a rash of that the night before. Sounds like big fun.

Part of the cost of existing, even in a "good" neighborhood :rolleyes: . $100 comprehensive insurance deductible later, we have new windows.

:meh:

13. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    it was matt till.

14. Same Accord wagon, parked on the street, I got a Miller Genuine Draft bottle through the back window. Try to find the back glass for a a 94 Accord wagon in 1997-8. Had to get a new one from Honda. $7-800.

15. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

High desert... anywhere near pulp springs?

:D

16. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Frankly, I blame all the illegal expensive drugs I was on.

17. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    damn those drugs and their false promises :(

sorry about your car Big Joe.

18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Not me. I still can't feel 95% of my body.

My monitor still tastes like maple syrup....

... pine cone.

19. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Big Joe, that sucks. My car was definitely not flawless, but it runs great and I was getting it ready for a new paint job this summer. About a month ago, on a Friday night/early Saturday morning, some idiot in a van careened down my street, sideswiped one parked car and then plowed into the back of mine, sandwiching it into the trailer hitch of the vehicle parked in front of it. And then backed up and drove away.

20. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Sorry if I am a naive, optimistic 16 year old, but can't the police do anything about this?