1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Some made in China amp... Help identify? xD

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by djole94hns, Oct 24, 2013.

1. djole94hns

djole94hns

Oct 24, 2013
    Hi there,
    I am a begginer at bass, so I got some very cheap "unmarked" 10 W amp, made in China. I mean, VERY cheap, for Serbia at least, some 50$ new. The sound is pretty much horrible, but it is kinda ok for a begginer. It seems like it is made for electric guitar by the way, because my friend connected his guitar to it and it sounds quite good, compared to bass. It seems like someone put a sticker on it just to say "Bass Amplifier" hehe... Here is a picture, sorry if it is too big:

slika.

2. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    Looks like the Pot Sticker amp, and yer stuck with it!! ;)

3. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules!

I'd throw it out. The volume only goes to 10.

4. Arjank

Arjank

Oct 9, 2007
    Above Amsterdam
    If this was a "Mustaine" signature model, Dave would turn in his grave!!!

5. I'm pretty sure that's a Mustaine BA-10

6. djole94hns

djole94hns

Oct 24, 2013
    Yeah, only thing is, it does not exist as far as Internet is concerned xD

7. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    I want to be Tesla (tinkerer at Dayton Amp Co)
    Well then you know more than we do! :)

What is that, a 6" speaker? With only 10 watts? No wonder it sounds kinda junky. Bass requires more power and more surface area (speaker size) to reach the same volume as a guitar. That's why it sounds better with guitar. It's not working so darn hard.

Edit: My first amp was 15w and had an 8" speaker. It didn't get loud or sound all that great but I worked on my playing rather than worry about the amp. I bought my first big amp when I joined my first band!

8. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Use it and practice with it a brand new $2000.00 rig isn't going to make you play better as "you" get better get better equipment I started off with worse.

9. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    That amp is what generated the tone that sold millions of records for Megadeth. People try to replicate it all the time using bigger, more expensive stuff, but they don't quite get it, and thus don't get to sell the millions.

10. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    This is what happens when Chinese companies try to design their own amps. Sometimes, I get worried about the day that they "get it", but they didn't even know to call it "Ellefson".

11. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules!

If it's not on the internet, it doesn't exist. :)

12. djole94hns

djole94hns

Oct 24, 2013
    Pretty much what I'm trying to say hehe :D

But whatever, I am still learning, there will be time for better amps once I get to play better and better...

13. Rooster009

Rooster009

Feb 27, 2008

Tell that to a good set of headphones. It's probably a great amp for what it is

14. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    The aluminum dome offset speaker and the diffraction caused by the underside of the logo is a key part of the tone signature most people overlook. You can't get that out of a Marshall cab with its boring paper domes and centered script logo.

15. Rooster009

Rooster009

Feb 27, 2008
    [Q UOTE=will33;15038349]The aluminum dome offset speaker and the diffraction caused by the underside of the logo is a key part of the tone signature most people overlook. You can't get that out of a Marshall cab with its boring paper domes and centered script logo.[/QUOTE]

Very likely that it's actually a JBL

16. Bert Slide

Bert Slide

May 16, 2012
    Louisville KY
    I saw that one at GC today. It's the new Markbass Mini 16. Of course the US bound models have yellow cones and grills with the large yellow Markbass logo where the Mustaine is. They had it priced at $499.