1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Some new Ibanez ATK Soundclips!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassist 4 life, Feb 17, 2008.

1. for all of those eager about what it sounds like, here are some clips i made! Keep in mind these clips are compressed so they dont really sound as good as this beast does in real life. Sounds much more juicy in real life. I uploaded it through putfile so it probably lost a bit more quality again.You cant really get rid of this things aggresiveness.

first clip:

Backing clip has single coil mode with high pass filter on, reduced treble a bit and boosted bass and mids.
    Lead track has humbucker mode on with added treble.
    http://media.putfile.com/NewIbanezATK

2nd clip:

http://media.putfile.com/IbanezATKfinger

Mid and treble boost with single coil setting for rhythm.
    Same settings except humbucker mode for the harmonics.

3rd clip:

Used the single coil mode with boosted treble and mids. Played with a pick.

http://media.putfile.com/ATKpick

please excuse my playing

2. cigi

cigi

Aug 22, 2006
    bass sounds great.

But please tune your bass :s
    :help:

3. Matt_W

Matt_W

May 3, 2007
    Leeds, UK
    Gah, I really want an ATK. That is quite a range of sounds you got out of that, and you're certainly a better player than I.

4. haha, yeah i know the tuning is screwed i thank my 11 month old baby sister for that, i just made these clips to show off how the bass sounds and since i wasnt really playing a song or anything i didnt take the time to tune it(although the pick one has a guitar backing track >.>) .
    At least its not waaayyy out of tune lol.

you've got a good ear >.>

thanks Matt W, I've been playing since I was 12 and im 15, 3 and something years.

I'm gonna make one showing the difference between the 3 way switch. I'll also make a slap bass one. I'll tune my bass on those lol =D!

5. Keskin

Keskin

Feb 20, 2006
    It would be great if someone could do a direct comparison and post some sound clips with the older ATK 300 and the new model, the truss rod and the maybe the electronics seem to be different.

bassist 4 life, could you post a pic or the model number of the ATK you used for those clips ?

6. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
  7. Surly

Surly

Feb 2, 2007
    South Florida
    groovy

8. Keskin

Keskin

Feb 20, 2006
    Ia`m thinking that the reissues might sound better, a direct comparison would still be great though. Isn`t there a maniac owning several ATK`s ?

9. stainedglassbass04.

this si the bass used, its a 2007 model ATK 305, made in Indonesia.

i've heard that the older models had a better build but they had lots of input jack problems, I've had this for about 3 weeks now and no input jack problems.

10. Keskin

Keskin

Feb 20, 2006
    Yup i`am having some jack problems with mine, i already changed the original to a aftermarket one and it holds normal jacks ok but not firm enough for the Neutrik anti pop jacks. The warwick jacks are similar in size but hold very good, going to get one of them.

By the way i`am pimping my ATK completely, Flame top, Bassculture PU, original preamp but noiseless resistors/capacitors etc., hipshot bridge and a new paintjob.
    Duno when i can finish it but i will try to post you some pics.