Some new iPods!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Stephen Soto, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Szipmonk

May 11, 2004
    I was just looking at buying an Ipod mini. I'm glad I held off. I just saved $50 or got 2GB more, depending on how you look at it.
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I'm not too thrilled, but I don't care, I have a 40 GB that is only half full.

It is kinda interesting what apple is doing with their iPods, they clearly are adjusting them to suit which models are the most popular, while still being crafty regarding what people are likely to buy. For instance, the new 30 GB color screen model is probably going to sell really well, because it's only $50 more than the 20 GB non-color screen model. Additionally $200 is a much better price for the mini, especially now that the shuffle is out, for $50 from the 1 GB shuffle you get 4 times more space. also they dropped one of hte colors from the mini line-up, in theory because it was the least popular. Personally I was hoping they'd add more colors, like black, purple and yellow.

All in all, it should help their stock greatly, and that = :hyper:
  3. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Yeah, the $50 incrament semes like it would work really good, if you wanted a mini for $200, why not buy a regular 20 gig, it's not much more. And if your going to buy a 20 gig, why not spend $50 more and get a 30 gig with a color screen? Hm...