Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

some new signature bases by fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by demolition, Feb 10, 2004.

1. demolition

demolition Guest

Jul 5, 2003
    Conn.
    I got the new Fender frontline catalog this past wknd and saw some real cool new basses.
    First off the new M.Dirnt(green day)has a 55(51)re-issue bass made after him,its just like the sting bass but except for it has a b.ass bridge and a split humbucking p-bass p-up insted of the single coil alnico magnet type like the original 51 has.
    Its a cool bass I dont know if its japanese or an american but I know for sure its NOT a mex(its way to nice to be :D ).
    And Tye Zamora bass that looks like his original bass and not like a traditional fender like all the other sig models.
    And even the Squiers have been up-graded,like they have the same flat type of paint as the High Way 1 basses,and better p-ups than before(I know this for sure because I played a few of these after reading about them in a mag).
    So now I have something to look forward to buying when I go back to work this spring. :D

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al

Didn't see anything about the Tye Zamora on Fender's website. I was under the impression that was strictly a custom shop thing done for him. What does interest me on Fender's site, though, is this:
    [​IMG]

3. The Dirnt looks pretty cool. At least there's a good P in the signature bin (since they took out the Steve Harris bass).