some new signature bases by fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by demolition, Feb 10, 2004.

1. demolition

demolition Guest

Jul 5, 2003
    I got the new Fender frontline catalog this past wknd and saw some real cool new basses.
    First off the new M.Dirnt(green day)has a 55(51)re-issue bass made after him,its just like the sting bass but except for it has a b.ass bridge and a split humbucking p-bass p-up insted of the single coil alnico magnet type like the original 51 has.
    Its a cool bass I dont know if its japanese or an american but I know for sure its NOT a mex(its way to nice to be :D ).
    And Tye Zamora bass that looks like his original bass and not like a traditional fender like all the other sig models.
    And even the Squiers have been up-graded,like they have the same flat type of paint as the High Way 1 basses,and better p-ups than before(I know this for sure because I played a few of these after reading about them in a mag).
    So now I have something to look forward to buying when I go back to work this spring. :D
  2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al

Didn't see anything about the Tye Zamora on Fender's website. I was under the impression that was strictly a custom shop thing done for him. What does interest me on Fender's site, though, is this:
  3. The Dirnt looks pretty cool. At least there's a good P in the signature bin (since they took out the Steve Harris bass).