Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Some New Songs...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bassline1414, Dec 14, 2002.

1. Alright, I know only a few of you will reply to this, but I've added a few new songs to my mp3.com page.

- Lucky Sevens - My attempt at having a weird rock song with a jazzy feel. I call it "Lucky Sevens" because, for the most part, the song is in 7/8. I apologize in advance for the guitar solo.

- The S*** Faced Spy (this one will be up in a couple of days) - I tried to throw as many styles into this one song as possible (hard rock, jazz, waltz). If some of the timing is off, it's because of my difficulties with the program I was using (Acid Music 2.0).

- The Guru - This one has been up for a while, so probably a few of you have heard it. This was the first time I experimented with Eastern music (if you can call it that) and so it could be a lot better. And again, I apologize for the guitar solo.

I wrote and recorded these on Acid Music 2.0, which has been giving me some problems lately, but it's cheap. I played all of the instruments on these songs and programmed the drums (which probably isn't a good thing). So give them a spin and tell me what you think. Thanks in advance!

www.mp3.com/thebassline

2. Maybe if I changed the song name to "Dave Coulier", someone might reply. ;)

3. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Hey, nice songs! I only found two on the web page though, Guru and Lucky Sevens. Eastern music I don't really understand, so I'll not comment on the first one. :) Lucky Sevens is really nice though, for some reason I immediately got this vision of an animated film in my head when listening to it, a modern style (blocky shapes, strong colors) with a guy running through a cityscape... :confused:

4. Yes, the second song hasn't been "approved" by mp3.com yet, so that should be up in a couple of days. And yes, Lucky Sevens does have that very mechanical, straight feel. Thank you for listening.

5. that name's taken, dude. sorry.

6. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    well it worked

bp13