Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Some New Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by jljohnson85, Jul 16, 2001.

1. jljohnson85

jljohnson85

Nov 27, 2000
    Woodstock, GA
    I recently broke my G string so I went out today to buy some new strings. I was going to buy some GHS Bass Boomers because that is what I have always used. But today I picked up a set of D'Addario EXL160's and I must say, I love them. I can't believe I've never tried them before. I suggest you go out and buy some if you never have.

2. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Anyone have any experience with Everly strings? The salesman at my local music supermarket is trying to push them on me.

www.everlymusic.com

3. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I looked at an Alembic Epic in a store where the owner had just put Everlys on it. The E was dead. That's my only experience with them.

4. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Well, as I said, the guitar pro at my local megalomart is trying to talk me into these, instead of going through the hassle of ordering the Fender 7350Ms that I usually get. He claims he has turned quite a few people onto them. He was also sure to tell me that if I don't like the Everlys, I can bring back the package and he'd give me a couple of bucks off of something else -- that's swell of him, huh? :rolleyes:

"So, for $18.99, you'll let me try out these new strings. If I don't like them, you'll give me $3 off of a set of $19.99 Fender strings? Sign me up for that!"