some of these threads irk me...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by adept_inept, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006
    it just seems like the only answer ot half of the threads here are either "stop fighting" or "whatever sounds good"

is it just me?
  2. alanbass1

Feb 8, 2006
    You need to stop fighting the replies in the threads and if it sounds good, go with it.....
  3. Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    If it doesn't sound good...fight it.

Yea, I here ya! Kinda lame.

4. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Welcome to the internet.
  5. +1000000000000000
  6. Maybe because there's too much fighting.

Original poster: I like Brand X! They are the best!

Poster 2: You are not only an idiot, but the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots. Brand X is jerks. Only by embracing Brand Y, LIKE ME, can you have any hope of redemption.

Poster 3: You fools. Your houses shall plagued unto the next 7 generations. Brand X is cheap junk, Brand Y is overpriced, flashy junk only purchased by those with more money than talent. I alone am truly enlightened, for my bass was crafted by the Supreme Grandmaster Himself on his mountaintop in Nepal. To insure its uniqueness, when he was finished I slew him, and ate the body.

...and so on.

And is it bad advice to go with what sounds good? Isn't that sort of the point, sounding good?

Screw it. Let's all fight, and strive to sound as bad as possible.

7. vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    any minute now the starship mod will come to our aid and close this nonsense.....:rolleyes:

8. Haha!... Post of the day!
  9. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Don't read threads once you figure you don't like their vibe. It's that simple.
  10. Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    You forgot "whatever feels good to you". At any rate, I'm glad we all can agree or agree to disagree and still like each other. Well, most of us anyway.
  11. Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    You know, it's funny, I haven't read any threads that sounded angry.
  12. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Very few are angry. Lots of them end with 'its all a matter of whats good for you , though;
  13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.