Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Some of you guys have some Funny Attitude!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Dave Castelo, May 13, 2001.

1. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    i don´t know about the rest of you guys but i usually have a blast while reading messages, some of the responses are so clever and funny!

and you can almost feel the personality of each one just by reading.

who is the funniest member on you opinion?

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    BTW: the title was inspired in the Bourgeois Attitude thread :D

-Jakob Pasteurius

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    sounds to me like ..... BASS HUMOR!!! :D yay!! (the crowd goes wild)....

4. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    ...a Bluegill, a Rainbow Trout, and a Largemouth walk into a bar...

5. Dave, Im not sure who the funniest member is on the board, but while reading these messages, I am smiling the majority of the time and sometimes am literally rolling on the floor cracking up!

6. Reckon Gabu (or whatever his handle is now..) is pretty close to the top heh?

I myself should get an award for most retarded. :p

Cya,
    Merls

Oh and i vote for JT! (always gotta vote for the heirarchy..........)

:D

7. TheFrizzleFry

TheFrizzleFry Guest

Nov 21, 2000
    Stinktown, Pa, USA
    hmmm, I'll have to nominate Jazzbo (I think that's his name), that sarcastic son of a bitch. The thing he did on the "RHCP in general" board cracked me up. But then again, sarcasm flows through these message boards like... sarcasm... through... message... boards...

8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    good man! :D gotta love them aussie schools, they teach you boys well down there [​IMG]

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Gee..thanks John, dump all the work off on me.;):D

10. I try to be light-hearted and funny, but some say I have a Bourgeois Attitude.

A Giraffe walks into a bar and says, "The hi balls are on me!..."

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    That guy said some of us had a bourgiose attitude, right? And was calling all mean and evil? Well then explain this...

Main Entry: 2bourgeois
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural bourgeois /-"wä(z), -'wä(z)/
    Date: circa 1674
    1 a : BURGHER b : a middle-class person
    2 : a person with social behavior and political views held to be influenced by private-property interest : CAPITALIST
    3 plural : BOURGEOISIE

OR

Bourgeoisie- of, relating to, or characteristic of the townsman or of the social middle class, or, marked by a concern for material interests and respectability and a tendency toward mediocrity

uh...so we have a mediocre, middle class attitudes?

hu. Beats me.

12. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    I thought it was a buzz-word he picked up from the
    latest Rage Against The Machine album or a DNC pamphlet.

13. Hey dictionary-boy, in my circle, we use the word "bourgeois" to describe someone that thinks they are better than someone else. It's a sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek comment directed at people that feel the need to criticize and put others down to make themselves feel more important. I have had a lot of messages sent directly to me, agreeing with my comments and some of you have proved my point on more than three occasions.

14. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Dude probably had to look in four different dictionaries to get that "dis." He he.

15. "Dictionary-boy", that is a cool concept for a song.

16. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    1- Calm yourself there Herr General.
    2- Whatever you do in your circle is fine. However, some of us are not IN your circle. That beings, you may want to use the word in the designated manner (as opposed to the "in my circle" manner). If you do not, then you start to sound like punk who's trying to sound smarter than you are. I learned that the hard way. Tip: arcane may be fun to say, but make SURE you know what it means:D
    3- Take deep breathes. Most of us here are decent people. Try to ignore the bad not concentrate on it.

17. Well they better, seeing as my High School (a private college) cost a fortune...... Did teach me the art of sarcasm and hating pimps........ hmm see what a all boys school does!?

Merls

18. Enter Mr. Smarty pants
    Mr. Smarty pants: I believe the word you're looking for up there is tongue-in-cheek, as opposed to tonue-in-cheek.
    ;)
    Oh yes, and while I'm at it, I might add that it is criticism, as opposed to critisism, thereby making it to criticize, not critisize.
    ;):)
    Mr. Smarty pants walks across the room and sits in the chaise-longue.

:D:D

19. Ahhh sheepy, you'll never be a smarty pants. heeheehee you may have more posts but u can't intimidate me! :p
    *shakes fist*
    :eek: cya!

Merls

20. Hey, it ain't my fault you influenced me!
    Wasn't there a point in time where you had something like 200 posts more than me?
    What happened there, eh? Now I'm ahead of you by about 30 posts or so.
    Either you stopped spamming, or I started spamming. :p