Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Some opinions on this combo Please!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Oldie but noobe, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Is it going to be a practice amp only or will you be gigging with it? For a little bit more you could get the MAG-210t-300. It's the amp I use for small to medium sized rooms and it's been nothing but reliable. It will push a bit more air than the 1-12, and it has a bit more power.

2. Ashdown is a great brand, so it would not be a bad choice. I assume that you won't be gigging right away, so you could buy that one and then do a little bit of an upgrade if you're going to play out anywhere. I think if I were using that as a practice amp, I'd be content with it forever.

3. The MAG-210t-300 looks great but it's 200.00 more.

I am just learning so I think the 112-180watts will be more than enough plus you can run an extension cab if I needed to.

Thanks for the help it sounds like I am going in the right direction. :bassist:

4. It comes with the 12 or a 15" speaker ffor 30.00 more. what do you think?

I will be using a Fender Jazz 4 with Duncan active pickups

5. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    I hope this doesn't turn into another Behringer sucks thread. :eek:

6. I think you'll be happy with the 12 or the 15. I still think that investing a little more right now will cost you less in the long run, just my opinion. Good luck!!!!

7. +1.

If you spend " a little" more now, it will cost you LESS in the long run.

:)