1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Some paralle/series questions....

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dadodetres, May 12, 2006.

1. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    Hi!
    i was thinking on doing some mods in my 78`jazz, so i can get it be the more versatil without altering what already have.

So im not changing pups nor adding a Pre.

I was thinking of changing a knob for a push/pull, in which i can choose between series and parallel.

I was also going to change the Vol/vol to a master Vol and 3 position switch.

My question is: if i have the switch choosing only 1 mic, and set the pups to series: will sound come out?

Also, since series/parallel is the connection between pups, if dont do the pup switching mod: will it sound different series to parallel using just 1 pickup ?

Thanks_!1

2. both need to be activated (switched on, volume up ect) for you to parallel/series as you are making a link between them.

there is a thread on making jazz series parallel mods with good pictorial guides it should tell you everythimg you need to know on modding a stock bass

3. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY

Ok thanks, ill check it tommorrow.

But if i am not thinking wrong when you have the parallel option engaged its like the mod was never done, so you can have only 1 pickup on, right?

4. yeah thats rightyou can flick back and forth through the pickups but its only 'activated' when both are on in my experience.