Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Some people have all the luck...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jrthebassguy, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Ok, so my friend Richard was searching for a 4x10 cab, so he goes pawnshopping. He walks into this pawn shop and sees an Eden XLT4x10 for 50 bucks. Knowing this is an insanely cheap price, he plays it cool and just says hes interested in the cab. The owner tells him "It's some off brand with blown speakers, a good project if you want it" So he buys it. He opens up the back, and realized the speakers weren't even connected, so he did, and sounds perfect. I didn't even believe him at first, but then I went over to his band's practice space, and indeed, there it was.

So the moral of the story is my friend bought a $1,100 cab (MF price) for 50 bucks. Some people are just f'in lucky. I guess I should mention he once bought a rickenbacker in perfect condition for $600. I guess another moral is that ebay did not kill all pawn shop finds.

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Man, that beats my 425...

Probably the best pawnshop deal I've seen.

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Probably more like persistant. The people that find good deals at pawnshops are the ones that leave emptyhanded twice a week. Then, once in a blue moon, something good comes along. Not luck, persistance.

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    wow :eek:

maybe it was destiny :)