Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Some people I tell you.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Microbass, May 8, 2005.

1. Man! Some people!
    Gig tonight, and I let them use the Trace. What a mistake!
    To start off with, we had the idiot, who before I'd even finished setting my gear up came onstage and started dialing in his tone; without even asking me if that was cool; without him even KNOWING if that was the amp he'd be using!

I stress this: is it hard to understand that the red light IS NOT a good thing?!
    I stress this: I should not have to tell you more than once; MUTE THE DAMN AMP BEFORE YOU UNPLUG YOUR FRIGGIN BASS!
    I stress one more thing: see that sign that says "Place drink here and die"? yeh, the one I have on top of MY amp? Its not a freakin coaster you tards!
    And another: I had to deal with a lotta idiots tonight.

We got there, and found out we were put on first. BS! The "promoters" as it were, were releasing a CD, with US on it, yet, we were on first. Riiight, cuz that makes sense.

7 Band showcase, including us. How ON EARTH does it take THREE HOURS to do a line check for each band?! C'MON! i was so close to taking matters into my own hands and re-organising this crappy event.

another thing that made my blood boil. some wannabe punk band (who i must add, were dreadful) managed to blow a fuse int he guitar amp. the guitarist, a moany, bitchy spoiled girl, proceeded to just stand about talking crap about how bad this amp was. I set her up with a fuzz and a DI. this band almost sound checked for an hour; and never did one full song.
    Anyway, another band brought their spare guitar amp (not amazing, but better than the DI set up!), and during this band's set, she just bitched about how bad this amp was... stuck up cow!

one last thing: if you've been asked to brign something for the backline, make sur eits decent. the guys that showed up with the kit... GAH!!! The thing was falling to pieces; the snare stand couldnt hold a snare, the toms never stopped moving; and he brought ONE cymbol stand?! WHY?!!?!

---
    Onto the good parts: the trace ROCKED for me. Got to turn the valve up full and man this amp is bitching, dirty as hell!
    Our sound was great as well, and we were really right and energetic. i managed to break the stage form going so crazy. awesome. :)

sorry. im angry. :)

2. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I am mad for you!

3. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Get a gun in your gig bag to scare wannabes, even if it is unloaded they wouldnt know.