1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Some people really need to chill out with their Myspace profiles

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Often times when I get bored I like to browse profiles to kill time. Some of these people have very annoying profiles.

- You click their profile and it takes forever to load, sometimes locking up your internet (I think Internet Explorer is partically to blame, it sucks). It usually does this because they post like 80 pictures on their page, with videos, links, and music.

Then if you're listening to music on your computer, their music on their profile mixes in and turns everything is a huge cluster-bleep.

Then you have the ones who completly pimp their page out because I guess they want to "express their personality". Annoying graphics and such that further slows everything down.

Then you have the ones who have these backgrounds and similar colored text and/or really stupid fonts and you can't even read anything because it all blends in. What's the point of this, how do they expect you to read their profile if you can't even read the text? You have to highlight it with the mouse just to read it.

I like the people who keep it simple. Makes life easier on everyone.

2. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I find this extremely annoying. Not just with myspace, but with the internet in general. For good reasons not worth going into here, I usually keep my master volume set way high and adjust my Winamp volume to a comfortable level. I just love getting blasted out of my chair every so often... especially when it's not even music but some annoying ad. :rollno: :scowl: :help:

3. good point, the profile song just pisses everybody off and no one ever listens to em

4. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    NY
    This pretty much applies to everything.

5. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    some people need to stop being on myspace... in fact myspace needs to go.

6. barthanatos

barthanatos Insert witty comment here

Feb 8, 2006
    South Carolina
    But then how would we pick up on all the 15 year old girls?

7. livejournal, dude.

8. barthanatos

barthanatos Insert witty comment here

Feb 8, 2006
    South Carolina
    Sweet! Thanks. ;)

9. No worries. :p

10. trog

trog

Nov 8, 2003
    Scotland
    It's like a giant network of all the world's worst GeoCities and Angelfire pages. Makes me remember the web as it used to be :bawl:

11. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    my personal rule is one song or one video on my page at a time.

i wish more people would follow this rule.

it's absolutely awful if i'm listening to a song already, and i get blasted with the person's profile song AND three videos that are hidden within the comments section. :rollno:

12. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Heh, yeah, I was about to say that myspace is this decade's geocities.

13. I have my fiction on a GeoCities page. Am I crap?

Yes, yes I am. Wanna donate me a domain? Please?

14. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    anyone else pronounce that word "jee-AH-si-tees"?

15. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    You know you can turn off auto-playing of songs in your myspace profile right?

It doesnt work if people use outside links, or use coding to put in autoplay vids and music and stuff, but you can deffinantly disable the profile songs, and the bands playlists when viewing.

16. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    I solved that problem. I blocked Myspace at the firewall, as well as Xanga, etc. I couldn't believe what my teens' friends were putting on their sites and didn't want my teens to feel the urge to try and keep up.

Digital cameras and unrestricted internet access can be appalling. Some folks have not gotten their head around the notion that what they write or post on an internet site can be seen by more than the four people they are trying to shock....

17. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Yeah I have heard those things have gotten popular , what ever happened to keeping a private journel in a note book ?.

18. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA

Because in private journal when one write how cool they are, one is only lien to one's self. Now one can lie about it publicly. :D

19. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I think you're on to something.

20. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Oh i know! If i ever run for president my platform will be focused on making myspace illegal.