Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Some people

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by TrooperFarva, Oct 3, 2005.

1. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    While I play bass, I also run a small studio. One of the other forums that I frequent is all about recording gear, but someone asked a question about what type of bass to purchase.

http://gearslutz.com/board/showthread.php3?t=44456

Check out post #8

"Just so we're clear... a bass has 4 strings and says "Fender" on the headstock.

If you're into options... Precision or Jazz [they're both great]... try flatwound strings, they're excellent for all genres."

Well, I guess me and a whole bunch of other bassists have been wrong all this time. Thanks for clearing that up.

2. So that means I have to sell all my "basses" that isn't Fender...???
    How about guitars - any rules there?
    How about drums, amps, cabs, harmonicas, cars, girlfriends, houses, solar systems, paper or plastic..??? How about that - paper or plastic?? I gotta know!!
    Now that I know about all the missing rules for so many things I feel so insecure!!!! :bawl:

Or how about.... how about... opinions????
    Oh, it's only their opinions that matter...
    Well that's nice - means we don't have to form opinions of our own. That's nice.

In waiting for them to supply the full set of rules I think I'll go ahead with my non-descript musicianship.
    I'm even considering using my non-Fender "basses"...

Is it safe?
    :bag:
    /Ff

3. I am surprised no one has shot him down yet. Was expecting #9 to be instant "what the hell are you talking about" but apparently not.

4. Hm where was that marker pen of mine, I have to write "fender" on my spector somewhere...