1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Some people

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by TrooperFarva, Oct 3, 2005.

1. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    While I play bass, I also run a small studio. One of the other forums that I frequent is all about recording gear, but someone asked a question about what type of bass to purchase.

http://gearslutz.com/board/showthread.php3?t=44456

Check out post #8

"Just so we're clear... a bass has 4 strings and says "Fender" on the headstock.

If you're into options... Precision or Jazz [they're both great]... try flatwound strings, they're excellent for all genres."

Well, I guess me and a whole bunch of other bassists have been wrong all this time. Thanks for clearing that up.

2. So that means I have to sell all my "basses" that isn't Fender...???
    How about guitars - any rules there?
    How about drums, amps, cabs, harmonicas, cars, girlfriends, houses, solar systems, paper or plastic..??? How about that - paper or plastic?? I gotta know!!
    Now that I know about all the missing rules for so many things I feel so insecure!!!! :bawl:

Or how about.... how about... opinions????
    Oh, it's only their opinions that matter...
    Well that's nice - means we don't have to form opinions of our own. That's nice.

In waiting for them to supply the full set of rules I think I'll go ahead with my non-descript musicianship.
    I'm even considering using my non-Fender "basses"...

Is it safe?
    :bag:
    /Ff

3. I am surprised no one has shot him down yet. Was expecting #9 to be instant "what the hell are you talking about" but apparently not.

4. Hm where was that marker pen of mine, I have to write "fender" on my spector somewhere...