Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

some photographs (about 200kb in size)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mans0n, Jan 24, 2004.

1. mans0n

mans0n

Jun 15, 2002
    Hey! this isnt very bass related but i recently decided to brave the subzero temperatures to shoot some star trail photos. these are taken by leaving the shutter of the camera open for long periods of time.

during these 2 photos i was listening to Miles Davis Live at the Plugged Nickel with ron carter on bass, it was nice to listen to, it was -5F outside when doing this and i had to sit in the snow for over an hour to get these 2 photos

just wanted to share!

[​IMG]
    this one shutter is 20minutes, yes! the stars move that far in 20 minutes

[​IMG]
    this one is 30minutes with the shutter open

yeh enjoy?

2. Kinda neat...looks like rain, or a meteor shower almost.

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I love long-exposure night time photography, It's something I never got to experiment with, but a kid in my old photo class was really good at it.

It's a very neat effect.

Have you ever 'painted with light' - using little flashlights to paint in the subject matter over the course of 30-45 minutes in a pitch black room. - That's very fun, and the results are incredible.

4. mans0n

mans0n

Jun 15, 2002
    thats on the roll of film still in the camera, attempt at it at least!

star trails with lit up subjects, havnt quite got the colored lights as http://www.lostamerica.com/lostframe.html this guy does, he is great at it