Just thought I'd share some shots of my refinishing project. Here's a collage I put together that shows my progress as of today: 1) The original paint job. The bass was refinshed in 1975 (according to the decal on the head). I don't know what brand of bass it is, but I defretted it and then decided that I'd rather have a fretted neck and use it as a backup to my Kingston. Doh! What you can't see in the photo is the number of chips and cracks in the finish which prompted me to take on this project. It seemed like every time I played it I found a new chip. 2) After stripping the paint with a chemical stripper (Bix Heavy Duty Spray-On), this is the lovely color I found beneath it. Metallic Pink. Almost like Pepto-Bismol. And worse yet, it was a poly finish, which means I had to use Aircraft Stripper to get it off. You can see the huge crack which went through the top layer of wood. Fun stuff. 3 and 4) After scraping and sanding, I applied a few coats of Vinyl Sealer to give it an even base. What an ugly chunk of wood. I also patched the cracks and a few low spots where I sanded out some gouges with wood filler. You can see the green in the control cavity from my botched first attempt with the wrong paint. Won't make that mistake again... 5) A shot of my work area. It's actually the back room at the Sherwin-Williams I work at. I don't own a fork lift, although that would be pretty damn cool. 6) Primer. BIN's Pigmented Shellac. I think this was after the second or third coat. I then sanded it with 220 and wet sanded with 400. It's very smooth now and I think I got out all the blemishes. 7) I recieved the pickguard I ordered from Warmoth today. 72 Tele style guard made to fit a P. I drilled the holes in the body for it and routed the holes in the guard for the pots. It should look sweet with the fretted Jazz replacement neck I got for Christmas (also a Warmoth). So that's where I'm at today. I'm currently waiting for my paint and clear coat to arrive from Reranch.com. Should be here by the end of the week. The final color with be Sea Foam Green with a few coats of clear nitro over it. I'm entering the most important (read: time consuming) step, so I suspect that it won't be finished for at least another month. 2 weeks before final polishing and another 2 weeks before reassembly so the lacquer can cure properly. Whew! That was long. Expect more pictures in about a week.