Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Some pictures of my new bass :-)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ChiliPepper, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Hi, a few weeks ago i asked you guys to help me choose a new bass. Well , i finally bought the BTB 556 :)
    I'm happy that i bought the 6 string version. Getting used to it is easier than i thought. :bassist:

Some pics i took :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ahhmm...thanks :D

3. Sweet! ;)

4. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Nice!!

that neck looks wide, what is the string spacing?

5. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Nice!!

6. 17mm

here are some specs :

- pc BTB6 Maple/Walnut neck
    - Maple top & back/Mahogany body
    - Medium frets
    - MR-2 bridge (17mm string spacing)
    - DXP-MN6 neck pu
    - DXP-MB6 bridge pu
    - Vari-Mid IIIBII 3-band eq
    - Elixir® equipped

7. I don't believe I've ever heard of the BTB 556 model... Was it discontinued?? Where did you obtain this b-e-a-utiful piece of bass??? I ask becuase I am looking into a six string bass, and it's between an Ibanez BTB, SDGR, or a Tune TWB663.

~Ryan

8. Apparently you can't get the BTB 555 or 556 in the US. I just checked their website

9. Wow, looks nice to start playing 6 strings....
    How much for it?

Vince

10. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    nice clean finish :)
    i love it..

ibanez are known for thin and fast neck! getting used to it is a breeze..

11. thanks ! :)

12. Can't get 'em in the US huh, well ain't that a shame, cuz I definately hate the look of the 406... I hate staind paint jobs, I dfinately prefer a natural look. Well, Unless I can get over the 406's nasty appearence, looks like I'll be gunning for a 506!

~Ryan

13. You can get the BTB1206 in the US. You have a cool bass though. :D This is going to sound odd, but I love those tuners!

[​IMG]

14. I would love that 1206, but it's just a tad over my budget. Also, if I were to spend that much money on a bass now, I doubt the headstock would say Ibanez on it.

~Ryan

15. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    And a TB leather strap, too :D :cool:

16. LukeMan970

LukeMan970

Jun 22, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Hey thats the TB leather strap from moody leather right, how is it, i've been wanting a moody strap for sometime and can't find any reviews really.

17. hehe...that's important :D

18. i love mine :) it's extremely comfortable and classy looking :cool: and you can show your TB loyality :D